Tuesday, October 9, 2007

yikes!

I officially lose at updating this blog! I am sorry. AND, my digital camera is refusing to turn on... so sad to say there are no new pictures. Someday... In the meantime, life is moving right along in Blanding. The first term ends next Thurday (whew!!) and football season is about over too (whew!!). I have been keeping myself busy grading papers (and writing lesson plans) to no end. I also have recently become a binge reader. It isn't good. I have read four books in less than a week (Outlaws of Sherwood and Beauty by Robin McKinley, East by Edith Pattou, and Enders Game By Orson Scott Card). I recommend them all... I has taken all my willpower today to not checkout the next book in the Ender's Game series. My students officially think I am crazy (and they are justified!). I find I amuse them as well. They are constantly laughing at me when I least expect it. Apparently I am funny! Today I kept saying "good grief!" without thinking and they laughed every time. Does anyone else find something strange about that saying?? I also tend to dance around the room--which they also enjoy. Anyhow, such is the excitement in Blanding! I will getting out soon... and seeing some sites. Hopefully my camera works!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

You make me laugh! I loved that blog . . . and I still wish I could be a fly on the wall in your classroom!!! I sure think it would be fun! I love you Carly Jane.

joyous said...

Good to know I'm not the only binge reader. Unfortunately, my reading isn't nearly as sophisticated as yours....mostly chick lit. I'm glad that life is going well in Blanding, it made me miss teaching for a few moments. :)

Vauri said...

Thats so funny you are in Blanding! We have been there a couple times, my sister in law grew up there! My brother in law and sister in law had their reception in a little bed and breakfast there so we stayed in it! Do you go to the church with the balcony? We went to some interesting services there! Have you gone to the Dino museum, my sister in law worked there as a kid and made us go there!! It is a beautiful place though! Her family lives in a giant log cabin in the middle on no where! loved it there! I guess her whole family lives there, if you ever meet any Shumways! Your blog reminded me of Jay reading and grading all the papers from class! English teachers! Well have fun there!
Vauri Shean

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Carly, I cant believe you are in Blanding!!!! THat is out there man! WE have friends that used to live in HB that now live there- they have a huge family, so they make up half the town- do you know the Palmers? Ray and MAry Ellen are the parents and they have a ton of kids, all grown- the youngest (mandy) was my age. Any way- Blanding, wow!
Email me so I can add you to my blog, I would love to stay in touch!
stephd757@yahoo.com