Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer officially starts...

RIGHT NOW.
My last Upward Bound class just walked out the door and I am home free...


And, for your information and enjoyment, tomorrow is the longest day of the year! Here in Blanding the sun will set at 8:43pm and "civil twilight" will end at 9:14pm. I feel that this calls for some sort of summer celebration. Any suggestions??

8 comments:

Emma said...

Spending the evening outside with your honey!

Bart said...

Woohoo! I love that summer feeling, and I LOVE the longest day of the year. It's gotta' be my favorite day of the year (when I remember it :). I much much much prefer longer days to short (too many much's?)!

LindseyFae* said...

Just love being engaged! I'm always jealous of couples who are engaged because it's such a fun time. I really like the pictures-tell Jerm to shape up!! If he got tired of smiling for engagements, wait until the big day. Your cheeks will kill!

Anonymous said...

Have you even invited Jeremy to one of your dance parties??

joyous said...

Anything with Jeremy has to be good!!

BTW-I'm loving that top on you! The gathered sleeves are just too fun. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

yea for summer! except when you live in AZ!!!

Carly said...

Haha! Why did I think the summer equinox was the 20th? It was the 21st, sorry if I lead you astray. We had fun both nights. Good news: Jeremy and I like to read together! As in, he reads his criminal law book and I read my novel (currently A Tree Grows in Brooklyn). I feel way good about this.

And, yes, I have (sort of) invited Jeremy to my dance parties. I think he would feel pretty uncomfortable because he doesn't like to dance. That's right folks, a non-dancer (but of course, that is to be expected, he grew up in Blanding--see my Prom post from April). He can't figure out why I like it so much. Maybe he'll warm up to the idea someday :) In the meantime I have no problem dancing alone!

Tasha said...

Yeah that you are done!!!! Now for fun summer. :)