Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wedding Week

I don't have much new or ultra exciting to blog about this week. Just that I am getting married in a matter of days. No, I'm not scared or nervous or stressed out. Everything has gone so smoothly so far. My mom is incredible and has taken the lead as wedding planner extraordinaire. I have all confidence that everything will be beautiful and somehow just what I wished for. I am feeling so peaceful about everything. And I know that it is good and it is right and that my life is going to be pretty dang fantastic as Mrs. Christiansen. Only I just can't quite figure out why it isn't here yet. I wish Saturday was tomorrow instead of a handful of days away still! But it will come and go sooner than I think, so I'm doing my best to enjoy the moment. For those of you wanting to know... here's the upcoming agenda of exciting events:

Thursday: leave after I get off work (at 8:00pm) to drive to Vegas. Spend the night at Jeremy's brother's house.
Friday: Get up early and drive to California. Run to and fro getting things ready for the reception, enjoy the general excitement with all in town for the next day's goodness.
Saturday: 6:30/7:00ish Get up early and get ready for the temple (make sure hair is nice and curly, don red outfit, be sure to put marriage license and temple recommend in bag). 10:30 arrive at the temple and get into the big white dress. 11:30 Be sealed for time and all eternity to Jeremy Max Christiansen (big smile). Take pictures. Be happy. 5:00 Wedding reception in the Koller back yard amongst the flowers and trees, vintage tables cloths and daisies, scrumptious cake and wedding goodness, and all the people I love.
Following Monday: get on the "Monarch of the Seas" and cruise our way to San Diego, Catalina, and Ensenada, Mexico. And Live Happily Ever After.

I can't stop smiling ear to ear because I LOVE MY LIFE. I hope to see you there...

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, this Saturday! I will be on a plane bound for Portland, OR for the non-wedding of my sister-in-law (they ended up breaking it off). We had non-refundable tickets so now it's just a vacation. Anyway, I will be thinking of you and Jeremy all day and I will be sure to hear the details from my mom that night. Enjoy it! It will be so wonderful and beautiful and have I mentioned that I am so incredibly happy for you? :) xoxo

Janssen said...

Hooray! I wish we'd gone on a cruise for our honeymoon - I think it would have been the best of all possible choices. Have a lovely time!

sara said...

I finally hear about the honeymoon plans! How did you get it out of him?? I love cruises. Yeah for fun coming up. I'm so happy it's almost here!!! I can't wait to come to CA too.

Emma said...

I am so excited for you! I will be thinking of you on Saturday. I look forward to seeing pictures! I am glad you are so happy and calm!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

hopefully not "everyone you love" will be at the reception, cause i wont be there- which i am still sad about!

that is the same cruise my family is doing in october! (partially the reason i cant make your wedding- two trips too close together)

Suzi said...

I am so excited for you Carly! I am glad to hear you are savoring the moment- being a once in a lifetime thing and all.

best wishes!

Carly said...

Of course it won't be ALL the people I love... because there are so many who I know can't come. But everyone who WILL be there I love :) And those who aren't, I still love you!

Tasha said...

YEAH!!!! Now we are down to just 2 days left. Just 2! ANd you start the festivities of driving to Vegas TONIGHT! Yippee horray! I am excited to see you tomorrow afternoon in all the festivities. :) BIG BIG smiles to that one!!

Jamie C. said...

I got chills reading about your "Saturday". So exciting. I had to smile when I read that "take pictures" was on your agenda. After reading your post, I asked Joe what he remembers most about our wedding DAY (I already knew the answer) and he smiled an embarrassed little smile, and I said "Go ahead and say it, I know what you're thinking." And he answered "The pictures." He HATED that the day was bombared with posed picture after picture. And if I remember right, Jeremy wasn't even loving the engagement photoshoot, so go easy on the poor guy with the pictures...he'll love you forever if you do! :) You're going to be beautiful! Enjoy the best day ever!

Jillyboo said...

Im sure you're not going to be checking this blog anytime soon... with all you have going on. But I just wanted to say how happy and excited I am for you. I wish I could be at the reception and see you smiling ear to ear in your big white dress. I'll have to settle for pictures.
I know this day will be a day you will always remember and look back on. I think about my Wedding day all the time. The beginning of it all. Everything good in my life has sprung from that beautiful and exciting day of ours in December.
All my love.

Bryn said...

I am smiling ear to ear reading all you have coming up!! How exciting! You deserve to be this happy!! Can you believe we were in CA a few weeks ago and we'll be going back in a few weeks and your wedding takes place right in the middle of all that? I would have LOVED to see you in the "big white dress"!!! But probably not as much as your husband to be!! You're going to be beautiful! Congrats!!!