As the winter months continue in their coldness (although yesterday it did rain instead of snow... an interesting phenomena in the Utah weather scheme of things) and my skin gets paler and paler, I have begun to miss my freckles. It's not the pale skin I mind so much (actually, I don't mind it at all), it's the lack of interesting colors and splotches created by my ever-present freckle friends.
They are my fairy kisses. The evidence (as I firmly believed as a preschooler) that the fairies have chosen me. (Note: I don't know if I came to this conclusion because I read it in one of a bizillion fairy books I read and had read to me as a little girl, or if someone actually articulated it for me, or if I knew it simply because it is true...) In any case, I miss them. And while I walk to and from work everyday (and thus have plenty of vitamin-D rich sun exposure), I have yet to get a new freckle in many a long month.
But I know they'll come back. It will just take one nice-weathered BYU baseball game (don't worry, I'll wear sunscreen this year) to make them magically reappear on my arms and shins and cheaks. And oh how excited I am for those BYU baseball games to begin...
3 comments:
You are so cute Carly Jane! Oh, how I cannot wait for those games either!! you are such a lucky lucky girl that you will get to go to Provo to see one. Oh how badly I want to go to Provo for one!! It is a small wish and dream in my heart, but I just don't know that it will happen.
When Rye was little I had a sales man who came to the Pharmacy quite often. He would pay Rye a quarter for each freckle. Rye loved it. We always told him they were angel kisses. Lyle never did like his freckles. I am glad you love yours.
You are so cute Carly Jane! I like it in the summer because my forehead gets showered with freckles otherwise I am so pale
Post a Comment