is that I am terrible at editing my work. The truth is I usually reread everything I print, turn in, or post at least twice. At least. But then I always (ALWAYS) find errors after the fact. And they drive me nuts. I put "to" instead of "too," or I left out an article, or I forgot to make a proper noun proper, or I accidentally put two periods instead of one. How do these things always happen? I try to be a good editor, but somehow the task evades me.
And then, here's the worst part, once it's posted and I've found an error, I don't always go back and fix it. I just let it bug me. I won't reread the post because I know it's there. In the third paragraph. Half way down. Glaring for all to see.
Sigh.
So I want to appologize to all you good literary folk for whom I have lost credibility over the course of this blog because of the many unedited errors that never got fixed. I'm sorry I didn't catch them before posting. And I'm even more sorry I never went back to change them.
I hope you'll forgive me. Even though I'm an English teacher and should know better.
7 comments:
You are way too funny. Don't worry I have never caught them (shocker huh?). Or if I did I didn't twise about it. Guess I am not one of your English teacher friends though huh. I love you to death. You sure do make me happy!! Keep writing away to all of us. I love reading your posts. :)
Carly you are awesome and funny too! To be honest with ya, I type how I talk...and probably drive all my frends (who are English majors) crazy, because although I usually try to stick to "the rules," I sometimes don't...
especially when I'm typin' a word the way I'd say it or making up a word. lol.
Anywho, Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!
(and I do the double exclamation marks on purpose...as well as the "Gr8!") :-) heehee
I don't think it's possible for you to loose your credibility at this point. Can you imagine what your life would be like if you were one of those people who did go back and fix those tiny errors? We'd all have our doubts about your literary imperfections (which are there because you need to be human in some ways).
I love that you have mistakes. I am teaching at Utah State and I finally had to start giving extra credit points to the first person who finds the errors on my lab sheets. There is always at least one even though I proofread, my cooperating professors proofread, I fixed mistakes from last semester, etc. I guess that means you are human. Hooray!!
Know herd feeelings.
At least you know what mistakes you make and you could make it right. I on the other hand am ignorant to my mistakes. Like the previous sentence....should I put a comma after I and hand, or just after hand, or no comma at all??? Hmmm... and English used to be my favorite subject.
you're retarded man. wannabe perfect!
i love you though =D
Post a Comment