Monday, April 27, 2009

Five things I am grateful for

Every time Jeremy is having a not-so-good, I-am-more-stressed-out-than-I-can-handle day, I make him tell me five things he is grateful for. I am actually having a pretty good day over all... but am just a little ready for summer to be here, shall we say. So in an effort to be positive, I'll list five things for you...
  1. The color red. I know, I know. You are all thinking that this doesn't really count as a something for today, but it does. Today I am wearing a red sweater and a red bow and every time it look down, it makes me smile. That is something to be grateful for.
  2. My little guy is still healthy and strong. I really have had no major complications in this here pregnancy and instead have the privilege of getting to feel him kick and move all the time. Jeremy's coworker, who was due within a few days of me, just had her baby (at 34 weeks) on Friday... and as much as I think I would like to have this baby right now, I really am not ready! I am grateful to still be pregnant.
  3. Mr. Jeremy Max. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for my husband. He is so good and kind and loving and supportive. I am grateful that he is willing and able to serve in whatever capacity asked of him.
  4. We just got a steal of a deal on Office 2007 Ultimate for $60. Yes. You read that right. Only 60 bucks. If you're a student, or you know one who doesn't have Office 2007, you should check this out. I am so very very happy to have it on my computer as of half an hour ago!
  5. Alright, alright. I won't let today get the better of me. I am grateful for my job. I have benefits. I have Friday's off. I don't grade papers on the weekend. I get to speak Spanish. I work with some pretty dang wonderful, funny, and ever-generous people. And I get to take a nap in the middle of the day (even though it means I have to go back and work until 8pm. Sigh.).
So the truth is my life is pretty great, and I can't complain. If you catch yourself caught up in the tiring and the tough, count your many blessings. Name them one by one.

8 comments:

Tasha said...

True that. And I need to count my blessing too. The boys are giving me a run for my money these past 2 days. So, maybe I will go post on my blog this very thing because it will give me a little boost of happiness that is much needed :)

Tasha said...

PS And I Love what makes you happy! The whole thing about the Office 2007 Ultimate . .. YEAH!!! I love when I can find good deals like that. happy day for you!

Shannon said...

Good stuff Miss Carly Jane. I need to do more of that. I promise I will try. I'm so glad that your life is blessed with so many good things. You deserve them all!

jackster said...

Great post Carly, you're awesome!!!

Cansas said...

I was just contemplating the thought of venting my frustrations in a post with being oh so pregnant and then I happened upon your blog. You have a much better attitude I must say so instead I'll remind myself that I am very blessed to have this baby, no matter how uncomfortable I might be. It really is completely worth it!

Emma said...

Thanks for the reminder to be grateful. I have been meaning to ask, are you going to be working after the baby is born? Just wondering. Have a great day!

Carly said...

Emma--

The school year (and thus my job) conveniently ends on May 21st--two weeks before I'm due. So of course I won't be working all summer (since I'm a teacher). But either way, I won't be working once the babelin comes. I am not going back next year. Nor have I decided to renew my teaching license (a well thought-out and justified decision). I hope I don't have need to work again until my kids are well on their way out the door. I feel extremely good about this decision, and even more grateful for a husband who 110% supports it.

So, hooray for only 3 1/2 more weeks of work!

Emma said...

Congrats! I am so excited you get to stay home with your baby boy! What a wonderful blessing!