Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Who would have thought?

When I first found out I was pregnant, I determined that I would enjoy every minute and every aspect of it. There were down days, not going to lie, but for the most part, I loved that little growing belly and the kicking wee one inside despite any discomforts.

At the end, however, I was so anxious for my little guy to come that I had to exercise some patience to not become frustrated that I was still pregnant. I was just so excited to find out what it was like to go through labor and delivery, to be a mother, to care for a newborn.

And then Raymond John came and it has been a very fun and rewarding adventure to learn and be learning all of those things. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

But do you want to know the crazy thing? I saw pregnant girl on Sunday, and I really missed being pregnant. I wished my belly was tight with a little one inside. Looking at her, I missed feeling all those kicks. I missed the anticipation.

Maybe I will look back in amusement when I am pregnant with my 4th or 5th and wish I was done being pregnant... but I am so glad to know (or hope, anyway) that it won't be the last time. I'm already looking forward to being pregnant again.


disclaimer: I'm not planning on getting myself pregnant in the next few weeks or months no matter how much I miss it, don't worry!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I totally know how you feel! After my 1st, I was like...can I just be pregnant forever. After my second, still liked being pregnant and now that I'm in the beginning of my 3rd and it's high risk.... I think I'm gonna be done.

Tasha said...

I actually really do know what you mean too. I think at the end we are just so ready to know that everything is going to be okay with the baby and that the delivery will be okay and you want that baby there. But, then afterwards once you have gotten through it all you really do like that pregnant stage back. I totally hear ya. There are some very neat parts to being pregnant and feeling that little guy inside of you!!

Jaime said...

Crazy! That's all I have to say. Of course I throw up my entire pregnancy so it's hard for me to find the magical moments. A fairly pleasant pregnancy is a blessing and a sure sign that your family is meant to keep growing!

Cat said...

I felt the same way. I still feel that way... but sometimes you just have to let go and let god.... at least i do lol.

Emma said...

I know what you mean! I glad you have adjusted so well to motherhood!

joyous said...

I feel you. It's the way God made us. We have that desire to make and love those babies. It sounds crazy, but we've all been there and done that. :)