photos by Jeremy
I have always loved Thanksgiving. For as long as I can remember we have gone to my Aunt Chris's house in Redlands, California. She now lives in the historic side of town (in a 100 year old house... see picture above), and I love it. I love everything about her house (from the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves or the chickens in the back). And I love everything about Redlands. It is, as Jeremy has come to agree, a perfect town. And I love, most of all, spending Thanksgiving there.
As is tradition, the setting of the table is as important as the filling of the plates. This year did not disappoint. My aunt has special Thanksgiving china (in appropriate browns and creams) that compliment her beautiful crystal goblets and sterling silverware. The effect is always so beautiful.
photos by Stanford
The day itself is never overly stressful (minus the 30 minutes before mealtime). We lounge about, read books, chat, watch football (well, the boys do), take pictures, munch of the goodies strewn about the house, slowly get the meal organized. And then dinner is somewhat of a fancy affair. As little kids we had to change our clothes and look nice. It's not super formal by any means, but we try to match the festiveness of the table at least a little bit. I love it. All that polite "Please pass the potatoes" and "where's the gravy gone?" does my heart good.
I think Quinn officially did the honors of clicking this one. Stanford did the arranging.
This year's big excitement was that Tate (my Aunt Chris's son) came home from anesthesiology school in New York and was bringing his new fiance, Eleece. It was so fun to meet her and welcome her into the family.
That, and the excitement of having a photographer in the family to take all sorts of fabulous pictures. Stanford took some so-cute-I-want-to-cry pictures of little Raymond John. I would post pictures of that, but I've been working on this post for nigh onto 24 hours now. I must move on with life. Cute pictures of Raymond promised tomorrow...

3 comments:
It all looks lovely. I spent Thanksgiving with the other half of the Snowball family. It was also wonderful with Sarah and Chris and their girls joining the regular crew. Anyway, I'm jealous that you got such great pics. Can't wait to see the ones of Raymond!
I have to agree, it Thanksgiving at Aunt Chris's is the highlight of the holiday along with the china, family, good food, picture taking and nice California weather. I LOVED being able to spend the holiday with you and your cute family. :)
Oh how good it was to have you home. Did my heart good. I too love everything about Thanksgiving too. It was a fun fun weekend. I cannot wait to see more of these fabulous pictures of Raymond. I still am in love with the one below. Stanford is pretty fabulous.
Post a Comment