Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa Mouse

I really, really, really wanted to make Raymond a stuffed animal for Christmas. You may recall my desire to make him a monkey before he was born. It never happened. I couldn't find a pattern (ahem, free pattern) that I liked enough. Plus, I've never really made a stuffed animal (the scads of bean bag frogs I've made don't count). So I needed a pattern, of that I was sure.

When I found this mouse pattern, I thought it would be a good place to start. It looked doable. I got a bit of white corduroy out of the $2 bin at Walmart, and used felt instead of wool as the accent fabric. So the whole thing was pretty darn cheap (maybe $2). And it didn't take me all that long either (about two days of sewing and stuffing intermittently). He turned out a bit fatter than I thought he would, but who wouldn't want to take a fat little mouse to bed Christmas night?

9 comments:

Jaime said...

That is way cute! Great job. I love his little heart face.

Janssen said...

Darling! You have many talents, my friend.

Shannon said...

Adorable! Have you read the Chistmas book "Santa Mouse"? It's part of our book advent and I think it's so cute. You should see if your library has it. Not that Raymond is old enough to get it yet, but it would go along very nicely. :)

Tasha said...

So so stinkin cute!! I adore it. It makes me want to try my hand at a stuff animal too :) I still have a couple things I would like to make my boys. Not so sure it is going to happen. I am up to some fun projects though :)

Kelly said...

you better tell that mouse that those cookies are for Santa! maybe a piece of cheese will tide him over. SO CUTE!!

Jamie C. said...

ironic that you posted this...just tonight Gwen (who is always being a kitty) said "kitty's like to play with mouses, I need a mouse". I was wondering where I would be able to find a cute one to make. This looks perfect. Maybe I'll have to make it while Joe has the girls Christmas shopping this weekend. It's adorable.

Amy said...

Cute mouse. I love the embroidery stitching.

jackster said...

Cute! You are so talented, I love all of your projects.

Emma said...

The mouse is adorable. Taking a mouse to bed is fine as long as it is stuffed! (We had mice in our house in November. YUCK)