It all started two (or so) years ago when I was living alone. I really didn't mind living alone the vast majority of the time... but it did encourage two things: dance parties and mirror pictures. Let me elaborate:
1. I think it all started with my first (ever) snow day. I was stuck inside (thankfully) and in the mood to use my time wisely.
2. Then I realized mirror pictures are good times. A few weeks later it was St. Patrick's Day and I needed the world to recognize that I was wearing green. I think this was a mirror/dance party combo.
3. And then I started using it as a way to record certain days
Like San Juan High School's Junior Prom. I was a chaperon (who also made it to the dance floor, if you recall)
Or the night Jeremy and I saw Horton Hears Who (and we ended up
4. When I was home right before getting married (summer 2008), Paige got in on the action.
4. When I was pregnant, I started taking mirror pics to record the growing belly:
five or six months along:
34-35 weeks:
Right there at the end (the last few days) (Man, I was huge):
Since having Raymond, most of you indicate that a picture without him in it is, well, not a picture worth posting. So today he joined the mirror pics club.
(Yes, I do realize he's been wearing that sweatshirt since he was roughly three months old, and it's a good thing you can't see how high water his jeans are. Don't worry, hopefully over spring break next week we'll get a chance to do some Raymond shopping in St. George!)
I really, honestly think these kinds of terrible pictures make the world a happier place. Don't believe me? Try a few yourself!











13 comments:
Alas, I do not look quite so cute in mirror pictures. And don't worry, you let that boy wear his clothes as long as they'll fit around him!
i just have to say i'm still smiling and lauging..this maybe one of my favorite post that you done.. and you have a lot of good ones!
I am just smiling the whole way through that post! I love it.. so cute. I am equally excited to see you guys this weekend and catch up!!
Carly Jane you are gorgeous! Of course Raymond is adorable! I really liked seeing the pregnancy pics of you. I am always amazed how different pregnant bellies look. Such a fun post. I will have to try mirror pics.
You are so funny! I love the mirror belly pics. That's the way to do 'em. You and Raymond are too cute. Love those big smiles!
Love it!!!!
I also loved the friendship post. I can relate...interestomg that I was thinking I need to work on the same thing.
Those are hilarious!
Oh, I could not agree more!!!! Seriously, your mirror pictures are seriously seriously seriously some of my FAVORITE things. This is me sitting here are my computer smiling because of those fabulous mirror pictures. They are just so you Carly. And I just love you. They make me happy. Remind me of my fun spunky fabulous red loving red headed sister. Oh how I love you. Seriously. And I love Raymond joining in on them. Happiness. Can we see more of these? Please. Happiness.
Okay, we definitely did not see enough of those beautiful pregnant pics during the pregnancy!!!! What's up with that?!?! You looked gorgeous.
I think this is proof that you and Jules and Mel are blood relatives. She is the same way in front of a camera. Not as much with the mirrors (she'll have to work on that skill) but she's really good at taking pictures of herself!
I agree with Joy - why did we not see any of those cute pregnant pictures when you were actually pregnant??? And you and Paige look SO much a like! What fun pictures. I can't believe how big RayJ is getting and I love that bald head of his! Too cute!
That's really funny about the pregnant pictures. I'm pretty sure (since they were all taken on my phone) that I texted them to a few people... I don't know why I never put them on my blog. Hmmm. THey're pretty bad pictures though, you've got to admit.
Glad you liked all the fun mirror pictures though!
So many of those pictures i would swear they were Paige. I know she looks a lot like you but these pictures say she looks just like you. Mirror pictures are so much fun!
You should not be embarrased, these are great! I would have never guessed your belly got that big at the end, your little bump was so tiny every time I saw you. I'm glad you posted them finally :) And I'm sad I didn't get to see you guys in Blanding, its been waaay to long since I last saw Raymond!
Post a Comment