Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Birthday Boy

Well, it just must be your lucky week... two picture posts in a row. Granted these pictures won't be as good as the last ones, but they were taken with love for our little fellow, and that's all the counts, right?

I have a hard time believing Raymond John (RayJ, Monkey, Sunshine Boy, Bean) has been around a whole year. At the same time, I can't imagine life without him. He really is such a happy boy. Especially if he's had a good night's sleep and a nap. Especially if he's been eating watermelon. Or cake. Or strawberries. And most of all if there are lots of people around. He loves to be around people.

We started off the morning just the way any Birthday morning should be started: with presents.  Too bad the first present (a ball) was so entertaining and all-absorbing that it took some serious effort to get him to pay attention to anything else. Oh wait, until some of these other presents got themselves out of their paper. Oh yes, there has been some fun playing around here!

(Note the darling birthday hat from Aunt Tasha. Seriously so cute. And the 1 is velcroed on, and came with a 2 and 3 from coming years. Love it.)



He sure loves his new truck push toy from Grandma and Grandpa T. I wish I had gotten a picture of his face while pushing (but man, he goes fast!)... because he has the biggest grin. Every time he found it anew during the day, that grin would show up again.



Here is the new Pirate doll I made him. Arrr matey! He actually liked it enough that he dropped the ball to hold it when it was unwrapped! That's happy.



Here is the new Birthday Banner I made for the occasion. I ended up giving the last one to Paige (long story)... and am happy with the new version.

Mmmm... Banana cake.




All in all, it has been just about the most perfect day. Raymond has been happy all day. He got waffles (his favorite) for breakfast along with Strawberry Puffs (from Aunt Tasha... great idea! He's eaten half the container today!). We played all day, went to Wal-mart to spend some of the money Grandmas sent (always fun!), had cake with Nick, Jeanine, and Sadie, and ended the day at the park. Really, it couldn't have been better. Now that sweet boy is tucked in his bed dreaming away. I sure do love him.

10 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh the happiness!!! I love all the pictures. What a fun fun and fabulous birthday. Sounded just perfect to me!! He is just such a cutie. Love the pajamas he was wearing in the morning. I think babies and kids are so cute in pajamas! I am glad the hat fit. Oh, it all just makes me happy. Happy 1st Birthday Raymond. I thought about you all day long!

joyous said...

What a great day!! It's so fun when it's all new and exciting. :) Your pirate doll turned out just amazing. I love it!

Mom C said...

The pirate doll is such a kick! I love it! I'm so glad you had the brilliant idea! He looks like he had a marvelous day. He is just so precious! Isn't it the little things that make us happy? Love you all. Love Raymond, LOVE his smile!

sara said...

Love all the pictures ... they are not bad at all, but capture his day and mood perfectly! I love the hat Tash made - and he kept it on...bonus! What fun presents and hopefully I will get in gear and get mine to him some time this week. I LOVE the pirate doll!!! He is AWESOME! Way to go for a great day!

Shannon said...

Birthdays are just the best! Glad that Raymond was a happy boy for his special day. Looks like he got some fun new toys and the banana cake looks yummy. Also, I love love your birthday banner! So cute. Good job with the pirate doll. Very fun. Happy Birthday Raymond!

Jaime said...

How fun. Such a fun little pirate; great job.

dntbaker said...

I love it! wow, can you believe it a year?! so cute. You have no idea how much i want to live next door to you so we can craft and play with kids all day.

Deb said...

I love the pirate doll!!

Whitney and Blake said...

Looks like he had a fun birthday!!! I love birthdays, they are always so wonderful!

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Raymond! Sounds like a great birthday. I made a birthday banner like your last one, it is so cute. I like your new one too. The pictures of your little guy are so sweet.