Last Wednesday (the 7th) our (one and only) computer got a virus. Since we're not high-tech-super-computer-savvy folk, we did what made the most sense to us: we immediately packed it up (it's a laptop) and took it to the local computer fixing people.
And then we waited for the phone call saying to come and pick it up, good as new.
One day, two days, three days... no such luck. We called, and they still hadn't even gotten to it yet. Seriously. We debated just going to pick it up and try and fix it ourselves. But reason prevailed and we waited.
A whole solid week later, it was done.
It was a learning experience week for me. I discovered that I like having the internet at the tip of my fingers. I like keep track of all of you bloggers out there. I like access to my email and pandora. I also discovered that I can survive without a computer... for a short period of time. And that the computer is a significant distraction when it comes to down time in my day. I sometimes just didn't know what to do with myself (which also has to do with the fact that I'm in a book-funk. Just don't know what to read next).
Anyhow, since getting it back, I've been making up for all the blog posts I wrote in my head in the meantime. I hope you won't get too used to the daily postings... because chances are I won't keep them up.
But in the meantime I thought I might try to be a little bit more consistent about posting pregnancy pictures than I was with my last pregnancy. Of course most of them will be taken on my phone (and thus be terribly low quality). And I don't even aspire to doing it weekly (which would probably get old anyway).
But here's a start:
Obviously I'm looking a lot more pregnant earlier on than I did with Raymond. But at least I'm moving out of the belly roll stage and into more of a baby bump. That's happy. Also happy is all the little pin prickings I feel more of as the little lady moves around. Love it.
And that should be enough pregnancy/maternity/baby posts for at least as week.

7 comments:
I hate it when our computer has to go get repaired. I feel so cut off from the world during the day. Part of that is because I pretty much keep instant messaging on all day with Ian. I miss being able to ping him random questions and comments whenever I want to during the day. I'm glad you have your computer back!
Your baby belly is adorable! I am still waiting to really feel this baby move too. I would have thought I would feel it sooner with my 3rd, but maybe I'm just too busy to really sit and try to feel. :)
You are so stinkin cute!! Oh, that seriously does make me even more excited to see you on Thursday (if that is even possible!!). And, I am loving the posts. Glad you have your computer back. I do not like being without a computer for very long either.
Cute belly! I'm in a book funk too right now. I just finished some good ones and don't know quite what to read next. Can't wait to see you soon!
You are adorable! You are so dang skinny, so your baby bump is even cuter, in my opinion. Yes I am wistful about being skinny, I have to lose 40 pounds from my last two babies. That stinks about the computer. My husband fixes computers so he could have had it fixed in no time. Another testament to why we should live closer. lol I think it is sweet how you call your baby little lady. Have a great week!
I have such a love/hate relationship with computers. They are GREAT, and oh so annoying at the same time. I love the prego pics. I am determined to take more of them the third time around....whenever that may be:)
You are so cute. I can't wait to see more pictures. I love reading your blog posts. Your life is so exciting and full of adventures.
Congratulations on the baby girl! Your little guy is so adorable... and I can say from experience that the sweet and spice of little chickies is really fun too!
Post a Comment