Tuesday, October 12, 2010

28.

I'm 28 today, my friends. Such a lovely age to be! I hope I never grow out of loving my birthday and the newness of a new age.

Twenty seven was a good year. Full of baby-turned-toddler, new skills, new friends.

But twenty eight.

Twenty eight will be a great year. I can already feel it in my bones. So much living is going to happen at twenty eight. A baby girl, law school decisions and decisions, moving, reestablishing, growing, loving. More than I can now foresee.

It's thrilling just thinking about it.

And you know, today I feel beautiful. Not just outward pretty, but deep down good about me. Glad to be me. Grateful for my ever growing belly. Glad for my strengths and talents. And glad that there is so much more to become and improve on. Birthdays always remind me that I am glad I am alive. Oh so glad.

32 weeks today.

11 comments:

Tianna said...

Happy birthday! You deserve such a great year! You've earned it, for sure!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Carly! Sounds like you are having a good day. It's always nice to feel that peace and contentment with your life. Can't wait to see what this year holds for you! Hugs!
PS-Cute belly! I love that shirt!

Emma said...

Happy birthday dear Carly! I love reading your words that are full of the sunny goodness of life. Oh how I wish I could bottle it up and take it everyday. Here's to a happy year! Thanks for sharing your ray of sunshine with me.

Kelly said...

Carly - For your birthday I thought I would give you a memory. When we were little girls - I went to spend the night at your house, I was very scared and ended up going home. You never made fun of me and loved me even though I couldn't make it through the night. Then Our moms took us to the beach the next day. We had a blast.

I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way. Happy Birthday - 28 is great!

Janice Richardson said...

Happy Birthday!

Brynn said...

Happy Carly Day! I envy your growing belly. Mine doesn't start looking like a pregnant tummy until very late in pregnancy, so I miss out on all the congratulations from strangers. Oh well, we all have our own blessings. I love you!

Jodianne said...

Oh Carly Jane I love you so much! I'm not really sure about how I feel being 28. But you're glowing words give me hope about it : )

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday my dear sister. I love that you love You. That is one of the blessings of Carly I think. And that picture of you is adorable. Can I just say Happiness. You are that word (Happiness) through and through. I love that you are wearing red. Love that you have the cute pregnant belly. You are looking so cute and good. I adore it. Just wish I could see you in person :) I am with Brayden "Can we go to the birthday Mom?" I wish Brayden, I wish. I sure do love you cute and wonderful sister of mine. I am lucky to be your sister. Happy Birthday! (And you still are getting headbands...they will just have to come with the baby present...when I finish all of that done too. Love you to pieces!)

sara said...

Happy Birthday sweet sister, happy birthday!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't having an October birthday great?!

Mom C said...

I'm glad you are enjoying you and being pregnant. I always like me - I hope that doesn't sound conceited! I wasn't gracious being pregnant. Well, I think I was gracious until the last 6-8 weeks - then there was no way for me to be comfortable and I so did not like labor that it was a toss up - staying pregnant or being in labor. And then one day we had Jordan and I knew we weren't having any more hmmmm...then I was sad to think, I won't be pregnant again! Isn't man a funny lot, never wanting what he's got!

Love you!