Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I know, I know, I KNOW

Seriously, right? I've been living in Salt Lake City for well over a week now (ahem, two whole weeks tomorrow)... and my internet has been officially up and running for at least four or five days now... so what, no post?

Seriously, friends,  I live in Salt Lake City.

If you didn't know (I didn't), it's a pretty historic place. I have started day dreaming about owning just about any house in the avenues... or even just living  in one of their basements. Seriously the kinds of houses I dream about. And all of them historic.

Downtown is about a mile west of us. And it is pretty thrilling to see all those tall buildings (ok, so they aren't that tall for all you real city dwellers) just down the hill from us. And so many  of them historic.

Speaking of those hills! You should see my calf muscles. I am building them on our daily walks as we go up and down those inevitable hills. Good times. But oh so worth it to drool over those houses in the Avenues. I want, I want, I want one. Someday.

In the meantime, we are enjoying our lives in our cozy (yes, cozy) little basement apartment. It's probably bigger than it would have been if we were living in DC or something, though. Got to count every blessing.  I have decided I like small. Seriously takes no time at all to clean the whole apartment! That's happy.

We are slowly but surely getting our two little ones used to sleeping in the same room (at the same time no less!) The sleeping bit has probably been the hardest adjustment (I knew it would be). But we're making it. As I type both of them are taking a nap at the same time!! for the very first time since we moved here. I could shout out loud I'm so happy. But since that might wake them up, I won't.

Today Jeremy started orientation. I'm bottled up with curiosity about how it's going. Seriously exciting stuff.

Picture to be taken and posted... someday. But probably not today!


7 comments:

Emma said...

Hooray for being in your own cozy home! I am regretting a little the lack of historic touring while I lived in Utah. Soak it all up. Having a small space does have its benefits. Have a happy day!

BWei said...

So glad you are loving your new city--and way to go with the simultaneous naps :-). Can't wait to hear more about your SLC adventures.

Shannon said...

Glad you are getting settled! The Avenues are gorgeous. I think it would be fun to live downtown. Hope the orientation went well. We will have to get together soon!

Brynn said...

We're having sleep issues too with our little ones - let me know how it goes!

jackster said...

I'm glad things are going ok, hopefully it's starting to feel like home! I havent even been to slc since that day we went up. I'm curious to hear how things are going for Jerm so far too!

Mom C said...

Hope Raymond remembers how much he likes taking naps and keeps it up!

Tasha said...

YAY!!! I am glad it is all coming together slowly. And super yay for getting them down for a nap at the same time in the same room. That is pretty huge if you ask me. I sure do love you. We cannot wait to come see your fun home and area in October. Counting down!