Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's a party

I kind of have this thing for celebrating Paige's birthday. I moved out of my parents house when she was seven, so I missed more of her birthdays than I like to think about. In fact, she told me that growing up she used to keep track of how many birthdays she had to celebrate without her sisters. Sad, right?

So now that she lives in my neck of the woods, I can't help making a fairly big deal about it. So big that the day before (while I was in the midst of baking and decorating and cleaning) Jeremy casually commented, "Wow, how come you don't go this big for my birthday?" Oops!

This year's theme was pastels. And this was in our inspiration. Isn't that little girl and her party table adorable?? Adorable.

Since her birthday this year landed on a Sunday, it really was just a Sunday dinner (roasted whole chicken and roasted root vegetables with wheat Lion House rolls) with some cake added on. And some cookie making (Paige loves her some cookies!) to add to the fun. The decorations were pretty and fun. And she hadn't come over for a Sunday dinner since before Christmas, so it felt like a big deal.

Gosh I love this girl.

The Birthday Princess and her attendant. Paige was a trooper and wore her birthday crown the whole day. Ginny couldn't resist wearing hers too. 

Getting ready for some dinner. Oh yeah and "King Raymond" / batman was also in attendance.

The desserts.

20 candles!


Nothing like wearing one of Grandma Snowball's aprons and making sugar cookies. Paige nailed it.


And that's a wrap! Sorry I didn't really get pictures of all the pink and blue bunting on all of my many windows. Or the cute scalloped bunting I made like from the inspiration pin. It's pretty cute and still hanging on my wall.... so you could just stop by if you want to see it! Ha!

Stay tuned for next year's shin-dig.

4 comments:

Emma said...

You are so sweet to make her day extra special! I remember my 10th birthday when my adult sister bought me a bouquet of flowers. I felt so grown up. Sisters are special!

Anonymous said...

You're the best!!!!!!!! Couldn't have asked for a better party, or a better way to spend my birthday! I love you so much!! I love love love being able to see you on my birthday now :)

-p

Tasha said...

So stinkin much fun!!! Love love love it all. And that cake was pure AWeSOMeNESS! In love with it all. Paige really is so fun to spoil.

Cassanova said...

soo sweeet!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/perbandingan-harga-bbm-di-negara-asean/