Friday, January 4, 2008

Homemade Chicken Soup

One of my new winter resolutions is to make soup on a frequent (weekly) basis. I started today with my favorite chicken noodle. I loved using my new red pot (thanks to Paige). Doesn't it look good?





2 cup small pasta
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 chicken breasts or 6 chicken tenders
5 cups chicken broth (3 cans)
3 cups water
1 1/2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon thyme

Place all ingredients except pasta in soup kettle (bright red is preferable). Bring to a boil. Simmer 45 minutes. Bone chicken and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside. Bring soup back to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8-10 minutes. Add chicken and serve. (Mother's recipe)

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Umm . . .that looks delicious! That top picture is magazine quality. Nice job! And TOTAL jealousy of that pot!!!! I want one! Oh well, at least it went to someone that likes red a little more than me. Way to go Mom and Paige on getting that pot. love it!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

mmmm.... that does look good! I am always wanting to find yummy soup recipes! I will have to try it!

joyous said...

Yea, your recipe looks pretty easy too. We'll have to try it!