For some obnoxious reason I am really nervous to start school again tomorrow. Two weeks really is a long time... what if I don't know how to do it any more? Ha! That was funny--I didn't really know how to do it before! Anyhow, I have the butterflies in my stomach--it's like I was 12 years old: I have mentally prepared myself with what I will wear and completely cleaned my classroom (dusting, washing the tables, finally hanging the clock) and all that silly stuff. I know I made a lot of mistakes last term that I don't want to repeat, but I am still not quite sure what the perfect late work policy is... so I have the jitters that I have to somehow, magically, figure it out before 8am tomorrow morning! But my mind just keeps coming up a blank. I told myself before the break that I was going to come down on them pretty hard (tomorrow), but I don't know if I can do it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
Monday, January 7, 2008
The Little Engine that Could
For some obnoxious reason I am really nervous to start school again tomorrow. Two weeks really is a long time... what if I don't know how to do it any more? Ha! That was funny--I didn't really know how to do it before! Anyhow, I have the butterflies in my stomach--it's like I was 12 years old: I have mentally prepared myself with what I will wear and completely cleaned my classroom (dusting, washing the tables, finally hanging the clock) and all that silly stuff. I know I made a lot of mistakes last term that I don't want to repeat, but I am still not quite sure what the perfect late work policy is... so I have the jitters that I have to somehow, magically, figure it out before 8am tomorrow morning! But my mind just keeps coming up a blank. I told myself before the break that I was going to come down on them pretty hard (tomorrow), but I don't know if I can do it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You can do it Carly! Sometimes you have to have a strict talk and then you get better results. Good luck!!! PS-what's your address in blanding? i need to send you our New Years card. :)
You are so cute!! I totally know what you mean though. I remember being nervous to go back to BYU after being home for a whole summer. Also, I was really stressed about teaching piano again, but it ended up being super easy. I laughed at myself afterward. Good luck with the next semester. I'm still just thrilled that I got an A on your blog!!
Today wasn't so bad as I was all worked up about!! A lot of them said it felt like the first day of school for them too, however. Isn't that funny?
Yikes...I would have been nervous too. I'm glad I could read your post after the big day and see it wasn't so bad. You are a trooper, that's for sure!
I knew you could, I knew you could, I knew you could!!! (That is an ultimate favorite book at our house because of you! You really are the best book giver!!!) I can't wait to hear more fun stories from this semester. I am thinking it should be a little easier than last. But, still hard! Good luck my wonderful sister.
Post a Comment