Saturday, March 15, 2008

The ABC's

In honor of Juliana (ps, I love that you post so much more on your blog, Jules!) and in honor of finals week ending (we won't talk about how many papers I should be grading right now), I will humor you all with my ABC's...

A - Attached or Single? Single
B- Best Friend? Tasha and Sara and Paige and my mom
C- Cake or Pie? cake: I remember one summer going to a million weddings. Around number 7, I started going just for the cake. I don't eat it very often, but I do like good cake (with good frosting).
D- Day of Choice? Hmm, Saturdays probably--it's when I get most things done
E- Essential Item? my laptop
F- Favorite Color? RED of course. Someone new came to my house today and said "Wow! You do like red." Pretty much everything I own is red--it has a mysterious way of calming me down.
G- Gummy Bears or Worms? Gummy Bears: they remind me of G and G Snowball's house. I like any candy that is fruity.
H-Hometown? Westminster, CA
I- Favorite Indulgence? Kettle Corn and peppermints (the little red and white stripped ones people often associate only with Christmas--I am currently addicted)
J- January or July? BOTH. I love seasons. When it is January, I love January; when it is July, I love July.
K- Kids? I hope to have a lot (6-8?)--but we'll see once I start having them if I still feel the same way :)
L- Life isn't complete without? a good book
M- Marriage date? Not a clue
N- Number of brothers and sisters? Three sisters (Sara, Tasha, and Paige) and two brothers (Blake and Chad)
O- Oranges or Apples? Oranges with breakfast and apples with lunch (I really do eat one of each almost every day)
P- Phobias and Fears? Hurting people. I know it is inevitable, but I hate (HATE) it.
Q- Quote? "I do not believe sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness, and the willingness to remain vulnerable." --Anne Morrow Lindbergh (Gift from the Sea)

R- Reason to smile? Today is Saturday; it is officially spring break; next week I will be in Provo and get to see 5 BYU baseball games; today I actually got out on a Saturday and visited some San Juan County "sites"--and it was very fun!
S- Season of choice? All of them. I just like seasons, period. I love living in places that change every few months.
T- Tag three people? Kd, Katy C, Kiera. But if you don't want to, hey, no pressure!
U- Unknown fact about me? This is hard. Some of you probably know I don't own a TV (and don't want to). Let's see, I hate to cry. Despite how much I might cry at a funeral, I really hate it (especially in public). I am scared of singing solos (even though I am in one week! Pray for me). And I am really awkward around boys (mostly if they are "potential' boys--if you know what I mean. I ball up.)
V- Vegetable? All of them. I don't cook them enough lately--but I sure do like them!
W - Worst habit? Snoozing my alarm clock
X-ray or Ultrasound? I've never had either--but I am guessing I would prefer an ultrasound

Y- Your favorite food? Currently? Popcorn. Of real food? Warm homemade corn tortillas with chismol
Z- Zodiac Sign? Can't ever remember... and don't care!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

You're so positive loving all the seasons! :) I get sick of winter and summer long before they are over. Too extreme. I also didnt know you didnt own a TV. Perhaps this is why you are so incredibly well read. Congrats on that!

sara said...

I can't believe you eat an orange AND apple everyday. Go you. Saturday is my favorite day too...you can sleep in AND go to bed late if you wanted to, plus it's just a day that you can get so much done. I loved reading all your answers and I love that I'm one of your best friends...dito!
xoxo-sara

Haircutmom said...

Carly...you are sooo beautiful. That was really fun to read about you. BTW...what the heck is chismol?

Tasha said...

And I love each and every one of these things about you!! Oh, yes, all of them!

Jamie C. said...

So fun! I have no idea what my zodiac sign is either! What does it mean anyway? Who cares? Good luck with the solo! Scary! :)

Kelly de Villiers said...

I love reading that your favorite color is Red, because this, I know! Ah, memories...good luck grading papers.

Carly said...

Sherri-- chismol is like a homemade salsa (we ate a lot in Honduras). Basically it is tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cilantro, cucumber and salt all finely chopped (not the salt, of course) and mixed together. I love it.

Original Kos said...

I love kettle corn. I also love peppered popcorn...so good. You have to try it.