Friday, July 25, 2008

Crazy little thing called love

It's funny how life sneaks up on you sometimes and jumps from around the corner and with all sorts of surprises. One of my favorite songs in West Side Story has always been "Something's Coming." Tony sings of his confidence that there is something just around the corner about to walk its way into his life. I've felt that way for months now. And things just keep coming.

Two weeks ago Jeremy made a trip to Cedar City and signed on a fantastic three bedroom, two bathroom, two-story apartment just a stone's through to campus and definitely within our price range. It has a built-in couch too. Who could say no to that?

We discovered the most fantastic store at Orange Circle (the antique mall). For those in California, go check out Victoria's.

We (Mom, Paige, and I) made a trip to LA and found the perfect fabric for Paige's maid-of-honor dress. Raw silk for just eight bucks a yard. Wow.

On the way home from LA I got a call from the Iron County School District offering me the adult education position. I start August 11th. This means a salary with benefits, folks.

The Angels swept the Red Sox last week--and I got to be at the Saturday day game. I love it when we come in from behind.

Tuesday I drove up to meet Jeremy in Cedar (after two fantastic weeks at home). He had a job interview... and a day later he was offered the position. Whew. That makes two job offers to us in one week.

Yesterday was pioneer day. That meant a whole day to hang out with Mr. Christiansen. I walked into my apartment last night knowing without a doubt that I am the luckiest girl alive. I can't imagine finding a more perfect person to share my life with.

And every time I turn around there are black-eyed susans on the highway or in a neighbor's yard. This is by far my favorite flower. They come so unannounced, but with such a cheerful spring in their step. How I love them.

And "who knows? It's only just out of reach. Down the block, on a beach. Maybe tonight. Maybe tonight..." Like Tony sang, maybe, just maybe, something great is comin'. I feel pretty sure it is.

12 comments:

Emma said...

WOW! You have had an amazing time. I am so excited about your apartment! Just don't fill it up and then try to fit babies in later! ;) Congrats on the job for both of you. It is amazing how things work out so smoothly sometimes.

dntbaker said...

i get so excited to see every time you blog..yours is my favorite to read by far, i can just reread all of them all day long :) devin and i will probably head up to utah in september, when we do we have to go right through cedar, so if the timing is right...we should get together. Thanks for all the uplifting blogs!

Tasha said...

You're so cute!! I love all the wonderful things happening in your life too:) They sure do make me happy.

PS Did you ever come up with a dress?

joyous said...

Congrats to you both on the jobs!! Jobs with benefits are always good things. And an apartment! Life is good and I'm glad for you, Carly Jane. :)

Holly Moore said...

Can I just say how refreshing your upbeat perspective is? So many people feel the need to be unhappy, I think it is ingrained on our society that being troubled is cool. You on the other hand are so optimistic and I love you for it. I think that as you look at the positive more positive things happen. I'm so excited about everything working out so well, you deserve it! Also, how is a couch built in? (=

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

you must be doing something right Carly! congrats on all this goodness!

sara said...

I can just hear you singing now. ohhh, and if you were sitting in my livingroom right now and heard the thunder just roll in you'd be pretty happy about that too. Who doesn't love a good thunder storm?!

Mary Powell said...

carly! I got your wedding invitation! Perfect picture! you look so pretty! and red too! I cant wait to go so that I can see you. love, Mary Hannah

Shannon said...

I am so unbelievably happy that you are so unbelievably happy. It makes me smile. I got your wedding announcement today and it is gorgeous. You guys are such a cute couple and I'm sure you will have a wonderful life/forever together. I won't be able to come to the wedding and I am so disappointed about that and I'm sorry. I hope that we can get together in Cedar though sometime when you are settled. I want you to meet Davin and I want to meet your Jeremy. :) Hope the good times continue to roll . . .

Cansas said...

I'm so glad things are working out so well for you guys. We received your announcement yesterday. I love the picture!

I thought I would let you know what our plans are the week before the wedding. Of course you and Jeremy are invited, but I completely understand if you can't join us.
Tuesday 2nd - Disneyland
Wednesday 3rd - Sea World
Thursday 4th - Beach, Wicked
Friday 5th - Disneyland

Let me know it you want to come to Wicked. I'm going to buy the tickets this week so that we can all sit together.

I need your email address and cell #.

summer c said...

So glad that you are so happy. Life takes on such a new meaning with the one you love beside you. My love totally and completely changed my life forever! Hunter & Max are so excited to come to see you guys!

Alicia said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing your joy joy joy. We're so excited for you. Congrats on the jobs and the apartment! So will your blog soon be named "Cedar Adventures"?