Dear Reader,
I do feel the need to apologize for being so neglectful. A whole week! I know. I am sorry for not writing in so so long. But things have been a bit busy around these parts. Here's a taste of what I've been up to around here...
A few weeks ago I took a trip up north (as we loving refer to anything above Spanish Fork canyon) to do some wedding dress shopping. Whitney, Blake's girlfriend, let me stay with her and was willing to go the rounds, finish zipping up the back, take pictures on my phone to text to my mom, and offer encouragement and advice. After what seemed like dozens of dresses and a flat tire, we found "the dress," immediately went to a seamstress and began the alteration process. One big worry off the list!
Conveniently that same week Jeremy was in Park City working a conference, so one night I went and picked him up and we were able to go up to Salt Lake to visit his mission president's daughter who was in Primary Children's Hospital, recovering from a surgery, and her mom. It was wonderful to get to visit and meet with them--something I wouldn't normally get to do for two more years since they are still serving in Argentina. Afterward we drove down to Provo and visited with his mission president and wife who are already home. The other unexpected adventure that evening was a road full of deer and one totally exhausted driver (me) by the time I got Jeremy back to Park City. Since it was so late, I was so tired, and the long drive back involved more deer (which I am terrified of hitting), we decided to see how much it would cost to get me a room for the night at his hotel. The guy at the desk was awesome. After looking at him with long, harried faces when he announced the price of the only rooms available (suites), he said he could probably give it to us for the price of a single--seeing as how there weren't any available. When even that price was answered with shocked faces and sideways glances at each other, indicating we could never pay so much for a few hours of sleep, he finally asked, "how much could you give me??" True story: I stayed in a very nice suite in Park City for just $70. Hooray for people who rock!
This last week as been filled with boxing up, filing, cleaning, and moving out of my my classroom. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get all that done, but it has.
I also got a flat tire (the one in Provo was Whitney's). Jeremy was great and helped me change the tire (truth: he changed it, I watched), then I went and got it patched.
I finally went to the doctors (my ears clog up a lot--does that happen to any of you?? They gave me some decongestant that hasn't worked a lick. They've clogged and turned me into a walking echo four days running now :(. I now have more appointments to get a few moles removed (does anyone else have a mortal fear of melanoma?))
Tuesday Jeremy's family started coming into town. Hooray for Nick and Jeanine and Sadie. It was great to finally meet more of his family. More on that in a moment.
Wednesday I got a call from Iron County School District (in Cedar City--where I will be moving in less than a month), wanting to interview me the next day at 10am for an Adult Education position I applied for (note: there are no high school jobs currently available in Cedar... I'll take anything at this point!). It was a bit frustrating since I live six hours away from Cedar that I either had to drive there immediately to interview or no longer be qualified for the job. After trying hard to suffocate my frustration, I got in my car and drove to Cedar. I should hear back about the job today: fingers crossed!
While in Cedar I also drove all over town looking at housing. Jeremy's sister and brother-in-law had already done a ton of searching for us, so I mostly went to the few they hadn't taken pictures of, and some at the top of the list to see them for myself. Jeremy currently is filling out the applications... so we should have an apartment soon!
The next day, of course, was the 4th. I love the the 4th of July! All of his older siblings, their wives, and their children were in town. I loved getting to meet and hang out with all the Christiansen clan. We went to the parade, BBQed, hung out, played games, watched the annual melodrama (written by Debbie--Jeremy's mom), and enjoyed the fireworks. I was impressed with Blanding's firework show--although at that point I was so tired, it was all I could do to stay awake. The next night we lit some fireworks of our own--which was very fun. I hadn't done that since I was a little girl (seeing as how they are illegal in California).
Yesterday was the YSA memorial fireside. We put together a young adult choir and sang all patriotic songs. I was a bit worried about it since practices were a hit and miss for just about everybody, but in the end we had a good turn out (in the choir and the congregation) and sang well. Whew!
And that brings me to today. In about an hour and half I am getting in my car and driving to California for two weeks. My list of things to do there is so long, I am just pray we get everything done. An important thing on that list, however, is Disneyland with Paige and Chad leaving on his mission. I can't wait!
Well, this post is more than long enough. Whew.
All my lovin',
cj
PS sorry there are no pictures. I am a terrible photographer for two reasons: 1. I always forget my camera, 2. when I remember my camera they turn out blurry. When some of Jeremy's family post pictures I'll steal one or two of the 4th to put up!
7 comments:
You drove all the way to Cedar City again!!!?!!! Crazy girl. I am glad it worked out though and that you were able to see some of the apartments. Too bad they couldn't have interviewed you today since you are driving that way anyways. Oh well. That is life now isn't it. I cannot wait to have you home and see you THIS WEEKEND!!!! YEAH!! I am really excited to be all together as a family. A big family picture is a MUST. I really mean it too. I can't wait to hear more of your 4th too. Good luck on your trip home :)
I hope you have a great trip Carly. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the job!
Hey girlie! I'm so glad to finally get to talk to you! I wish you could've made it to bauer's blessing. :( Let me know if you need any help with wedding plans, and I want to do a shower for you, or help with one..we'll be in touch!
Hey Carly! It was good meeting you finally. I feel bad that we didn't get to talk more. I know the next few months are going to be extremely busy, so let me know if I can help with anything! Really, anything! I'm not at all busy these days.
Looks like you had a lot of fun on the 4th. I also know what you are talking about with the clogged ears, I am having the same problem right now. I hate it! Good luck with you job hunt!
You're going to Disneyland when you're home? WHAT! No fair but so super cool. What a great place to spend the day with two awesome people! ... yep, that's you, Paige & Chad
Sounds like you're in the midst of many adventures. Onward engagement! Good luck on that job.
Post a Comment