Thursday, October 16, 2008

What to do with a day filled with nothing but time?

Oh how I love holidays! Today and tomorrow are "UEA" days (gifts from the Utah Educators Association) and Monday is a "Harvest Holiday" (aka go get a deer day). And me? Well, let's just say this all adds up to a little more sleep for Miss Carly Jane. I am looking forward to...

  • tidying up my little abode (oh how I love a clean room in which to sit)
  • finishing Repunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale--my birthday gift from Tasha--who doesn't love Shannon Hale? Honestly.
  • watching Anne of Green Gables while finishing thank yous
  • taking a nap
  • having the energy (after taking the said nap) to actually make something for dinner (it's been a rough week in that department)
  • starting Chalice by Robin McKinley--my birthday gift from Paige--who couldn't be excited about a new McKinley book?? She's only one of the greatest authors of YA lit. Ever.
  • go to bed early (yes, this weekend looks to be including lots of desired sleep and I couldn't be happier about it).
  • work on my Redwork quilt (I'm plugging right along still)
  • run an errand to two. But only the necessary ones.
  • perhaps (just perhaps) start working on Christmas projects (any good sites or ideas out there?!)
  • be sure to take another nap.
I hope your weekend is looking just as lovely (even if it is more adventure filled).

6 comments:

Jeanine said...

YEAH!!! Hey we are still planning on getting together with you guys tomorrow if you are still available

Cansas said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing few days. Hurray for days off! I just finished The Goose Girl and I am about to start Enna Burning. I'm so excited! Shannon Hale is awesome! I'm envious of all your napping time. I might have to sneak one in while Gavin's at preschool.

Jaime said...

So when did you plan on napping? Seriously, I would love to get that much done in a month, let alone one weekend.

Janssen said...

A new Robin McKinley book?! Thanks for the heads up!

Tasha said...

Yea for a long weekend and it sounds like lots of fun things in it too . .. two good books to read, some seriously sleep time, and relaxation. What could be better!! Enjoy your nice little break :)

Emma said...

Yea I love your fall pictures! Sounds like a great weekend! Someday I will get more projects done so I can start reading some of Shannon Hale's books.