They came. Those Feds. With their smiling faces and books of rules. A string of them--Federal, State, and District evaluators--parading into my little parenting and adult ed classroom today to make life scary. With their rules and regulations.
But I did not flinch. Or talk too fast. Or forget to smile.
I conducted class as usual.
And hopefully when my mid afternoon break is over and I go back for my second daily shift, they will be gone. And they will have found that while we are not perfect, we try hard. And that we really do care about our little flock of moms and kids who come to Even Start to learn. And that they really do care about being better moms and better kids. And that we deserve more money to keep our program next year.
My fingers are crossed.
3 comments:
Way to go you!! And I hope you get your money for next year too. Way to go on just teaching like normal. You truly are an incredible woman. :)
As long as the evaluation is on the quality of the program instead of the profit/fund margin of your benefactor, I can't imagine the program being cut. Fingers are crossed over here, too.
I just crossed my fingers for you, too (when I started typing this comment I had to uncross them, so I'll have to keep them crossed figuratively).
Post a Comment