- A set of ABC embroidered wall hangings to go above his crib (most of the drawing and drafting and scheming is done, I just need to start stitching)
- Some sort of garland with his name in it. I've been googling and planning, but have made no conclusive decisions of just how I want it to look
- A stuffed monkey. Anyone seen an internet tutorial out there for this? I really really want to make one. A red one.
- Or maybe (since it might be easier) a stuffed whale. I still want to make the monkey though
- A little white (with redwork) pillow to go in the corner of his crib. Next to the red monkey.
- A mobil to hang above his crib. Something not too obnoxious. Something sweet in red and baby blue and pale yellow. I'm not yet sure how to do this without hanging it from the ceiling... any thoughts?
Sunday, April 19, 2009
If I post about it, will it come true?
Things I want to make for Baby bun:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Carly! I have acutally seen a few animal and monkey tutorials lately, I don't know if they are exactly what you are looking for but you could take a look at them!
http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2008/07/drum-roll-pleasemolly-monkey-pattern.html
http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/2008/11/famous-sock-monkey.html
and
http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/04/basic-stuffedanimals.html I also really love the stuffed blocks chain she has on this website, so cute!
Good luck with all of your projects!
I'm a long time reader, a rare commenter:) But I had to pass these along. Here are some cute monkey patterns I found on Etsy. I wasn't sure what kind of monkey you wanted, but I liked both of these.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23798461&ref=sr_gallery_16&&ga_search_query=stuffed+monkey&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
and
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22995381&ref=sr_gallery_9&&ga_search_query=monkey+pattern&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=5&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Then, these are the shops I like for ideas for garlands.
http://myemmiecakes.blogspot.com/
and
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6483279
Making baby stuff is so fun!
~Kyla
I'm sure his room will be the cutest of all the new baby boys. However, the only thing I could think about when you were describing the pillow and the monkey in the corner of the crib is how it will ALL end up on the floor every morning and after every nap when he's a little older. I keep Dav's stuffed loveys in his crib and I am constantly throwing them back in there. I don't mind though. Anyway, I cannot wait to see pics of any and all finished products!
Hi Carly, like your Mormishmom, I'm a long time reader, but I seldom comment. I knew you when you lived in Long Beach...You might want to check out Melly and Me's Blog (spot.com). They have a whole line of patterns for adorable stuffed animals and among them an adorable monkey that you might like. Good luck with your new baby. Please say hi to your mom and dad;)
ok check out this amazing ladies blog she is awesome.. on it is a cute mobile idea that i think you can tweek a little to make it your own.
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-09-17T09%3A35%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=10
good luck!
Post a Comment