
Raymond John
Born Friday, June 5th @ 12:11pm\
8lbs 14 oz, 21 inches long

Isn't he beautiful? When the pushing got hard Jeremy motivated me to keep going by saying, "Carly, his hair is red!" I had honestly mentally prepared myself for a very dark haired boy... and was shocked to be blessed with a little redhead. I couldn't be happier.

Labor started sometime on Thursday, with consistent contractions coming about 8:30 that night. By 2:30am we headed to the hospital. Since I'm new to this whole pregnancy, labor, and delivery business I was a little unsure of my ability to know when it was "the real thing." Happily for me, I was well on my way (dialed to a four and fully effaced). About ten hours later (after a lot of sitting in the rocking chair, doing acrobatics to flip him from being posterior, and pushing for what seemed like eternity) little Raymond John was welcomed to the world.
I must say that I love being a mother. I love holding him and feeding him and kissing his soft chubby cheeks. Despite being what every nurse and doctor called a "big boy," he just seems so tiny to me. I marvel at his perfect little fingers and toes and his sweet little presence in our home.
We are adjusting to each other--spending lot of time bonding in the middle of the night particularly--and find we'll keep each other. My mom has been here all week and has been such a great support, help, and cook (besides being just fun to hang out with).
I apologize for only having pictures from the hospital for today's post. I have taken more (and even have some of the nursury, Kendra!), I just need to get them downloaded. The good news is the internet is here to stay... and soon the pictures of my Little Man will overflow.
All my love,
cj
28 comments:
He's adorable! And how fun that the redheaded genes beat out the dark haired genes. Congratulations!
Oh he is so sweet! Congratulations! Sorry you had to push for so long. That is the worst part, but now he's here and healthy and it will mostly be forgotten. :) Looking forward to all your baby picture posts in the future.
Congratulations! He is so cute! That's awesome that he has red hair. So fun! I'm glad you and baby are doing well!
So so jealous you have a redhead! My ultimate dream! Congratulations!
My heartiest congratulations and love to you, Carly! Can't wait to see more pictures.
Congrats! He's very cute. Someday I hope maybe I'll get a little redhead too, since it runs on Mike's side.
I was waiting to hear the news of the new baby. I knew it could be anytime. Your little many is so adorable and I love the red hair. Congratulations! I wish you guys the best of luck as you adjust to this new arrival in your life.
Congratulations C and J;) Your little man is just adorable. You're in for the education of you lives...enjoy;) Carly, please say hi to your mom for me;)
Congrats Carly and Jeremy. He is so sweet! I love reading how happy you are with your sweet baby! Hooray for more pictures!
What an adorable baby! He is a big boy - mine was 7-7 and 20 inches long. Did you get an epidural or do it the he-woman way? I'm happy to hear you're doing so well and enjoying it so much - it only gets better!
Congratulations!!! He is darling! And you look amazing.
Woohoo! You made it! Let me tell you, I LOVE not being pregnant. Though there were some fun stuff about it, overall it's pretty uncomfortable, at least for me. And having the baby there is so much better! I'm so happy for you.
Congratulations! He is such a beautiful baby. I am so happy you are a mother. I love the red hair.
Congrats!!! he is a cutie, and i love the red hair.. i'm so happy for you!
YEA!!!! I was so shocked to come on and see pictures and it just makes me SO happy. I love that we can see the red hair in these pictures too. I think my favorite picture is the one of you holding him though. You look so beautiful after having him. You can just see a happy glow on your face and that cute little guy in your arms. I love you Carly Jane. Love you so much. I can't wait to talk to you again soon.
He's so precious! COngrates on a beautiful baby!!!
Congratulations Carly! He is adorable and so are you!
Congrats Carly! Love the red hair, he is one adorable little boy!
congrats!! wow your labor sounds exactly like mine right down to a big ol baby boy! enjoy it! its the most wonderful thing in the world i still marvel at my little angel every day...
Congrats to you and jeremy. Your babe is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Congratulations!! Newborns are my favorite stage. Enjoy it! He looks so adorable!
CONGRATS!!! He is SOOOO CUTE!!! I can't wait to see him!!
...We're going to have a baby in January!!!! :-)
I can't wait to meet him!
I am so proud of you and so excited! That is awesome! Enjoy every minute of it!
Yay yay yay! We were very excited when we saw the news on Tasha's blog. Sometime I'll have to get more details from you on the labor...I'm very interested in those kinds of things right now :). Congrats!!!!!!!!
Finally some pics!!! Too bad I didn't see this post before our trip, but it was a good thing to come home to. I can't wait to meet him in person. love you!!!
Carly! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and Jeremy. You three make such a beautiful family. I'm glad you are enjoying your first few days. Also, please tell me how you endured labor naturally. I am determined to do the same for my next baby.
He's Adorable Carly (with a capital 'A')!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment