Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pictures, as promised

Sometimes I just sit back and marvel that somehow here I am, married to a wonderful husband and now the mama to a sweet baby boy. How did this happen? I'm still not sure, but I sure am glad.

Little Raymond and I are still doing well. One of his favorite things to do while he's awake is hang out in his vibrating, classical music playing bouncy chair.
Would you take a look at those soft little cheeks? I hope all my babies are so blessed with such kissable faces. Goodness.

Monday or Tuesday last week Ramond John had his first bath. So far he definitely hates them... but what can you do?

This is one of my favorite faces he makes--with his little puckered lips. They, by the way, are also pretty kissable!
Despite hating his bath, he sure is happy once he's nice and clean. Here's a half smile for you.

Don't you wish you were here right now so you could hug and kiss and love this sweet bundle?
And here is his (almost put together) nursery. The crib and ABC wall hangings and bookshelf: So far I still am not so sure about the mobile I had planned on making. If you look close, you can see the little flock are pecking away atop the bookshelf... someday the might take flight, we'll see.

A couple in our last ward gave us an old glider. It was, however, cushion-less. Conveniently we had two big bed pillows someone had given us for our wedding that were still not being used. I made up some log cabin quit style pillow cases and love my good-as-new glider. You don't want to know how many hours I have already dozed in this chair in the middle of the night...
And lastly, here is the Christiansen family changing table. Mark, my father-in-law made this when their first was on his way. Every one of their kids has been changed atop this dresser... and if you look close, little Raymond John is awaiting his turn.
And for good measure, what would a post of pictures be without a good ole phone picture? Both mom and son love the boppy. Isn't he a cutie?
ps. A few of you have indicated you want more info about my labor... feel free to call or email me (carlyjane35@gmail.com).

22 comments:

Tasha said...

Thank you thank you for more pictures!!!! He is so so SOOO stinkin cute Carly Jane. So cute. Oh, I SOO wish I was there to hold and kiss him. I am literally counting down the days until the blessing so I can do just that. I love you. Keep enjoying your cute boy.

Shannon said...

Oh how I LOVE all those adorable pictures. He is SO sweet and yes, I do wish I was there to love and snuggle him! Your nursery is so cute too. I am always amazed at your creative talent and this kid definitely is reaping the benefits with such a cute room. I'm glad that things are going well so far with motherhood. I had no doubts you would be awesome at it.
PS-I think all newborns hate baths for at least the first couple months.

Kendra Goodrich said...

Cute boy! I loved our bouncer chair, it has saved us on many long nights.

Traci said...

He is adorable! What a cute baby! Congrats! Love all the red in his room.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

carly, he is adorable! congrats!

Janssen said...

Yippee! He is so lovely! What a cute boy.

Cat said...

oh he does have the most kissable looking cheeks. He is such a beautiful boy!

sara said...

Dang, those are some great pictures. He is so cute! And I love the bath picture. One day he'll love his bath and it will be the most fun thing you can do with him! We love bath time at our house! I can't WAIT to meet this sweet boy and hold him in my arms. :) Happy thought!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh you have a baby Carly! I can't believe it! You'll be the best mom ever. Congratulations!

Cansas said...

He's so sweet. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

joyous said...

What a little sweetie!!! Thanks for all the pictures. Your nursery is adorable. How fun to sit and love that little boy in such a sweet little room. :)

Original Kos said...

Oh Carly, he is so beautiful. I am so happy for you two!

Ah! Baby feva!

Jessica said...

Carly, your little boy is so darling! I always loved bath time with my babies, even when they hated it, because they smelled so good and were so cuddly after. I wish we could down there to see you guys! Maybe some day...

jackster said...

Oh my goodness how stinkin cute is he?!!! Yay for the pictures, I'll have more to steal now :) I can't wait to see you guys!

Vauri said...

He is sooo cute Carly! Congrats! I love that he has red hair and the cutest cheeks I have ever seen!

Jamie C. said...

Carly, you are one lucky mama. He's preciuos. Nothing is better than newborns! Enjoy every single second of it. Enjoy those late night rockings, they're gone before you know it!

Emma said...

He is sooooooo sweet Carly! I wish I could be there to cuddle him. There is something so calming about holding a newborn. Your nursery is so cute. Everything is so adorable! The banner, abc wall hangings, birds, and log cabin pillows. I really like the changing table. I love the ideas of drawers below instead of open shelving.

Mom C said...

Well, this grandma thinks he is better than french toast! Which is pretty great! He is so adorablly sweet. The nursery looks great. The pillows turned out awesome, I absolutely love them. Can't wait to see everybody again. July can't come soon enough! Thanks for your thoughts with our recent tragedies. Its amazing that even through difficult times like these, I have learned some valuable life lessons.

grandma debbie

Anonymous said...

that's the cutest!!! awwwww i want to see him!!
by the way, you gotta nice shirt on in that picture where he's having a bath! ;)
-p

Anneke said...

He is sooo adorable Carly!! You are going to be such a great mom!!!

sarawhat said...

OH Carly he's BEAUTIFUL!!! I've missed so much while I was away from my computer. :) I'm so happy he made it out in one piece and that you're still in one piece! He really is just beautiful. I'm so happy for you. I know you'll make an amazing Mother.

Lacey Lu said...

Sooo cute!! Congrats!!