Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 3rd and 4th of July!

Raymond says good morning!

Well, much to our disappointment, our plans to go to Blanding for the 4th were waylaid by an unexpected car kerfuffle. So Friday brought no school, no work, and no car trip. We decided to begin the celebrations of the weekend by busting out the grill we had been given as a wedding present and never opened. Jeremy took the lead and put together some fabulous kabobs to go on that little grill...

Raymond and I waited patiently for them to grill (ps: is it just Cedar, or does every married couple in America have one of these little grills sitting outside their front door? We have finally joined the ranks).

The aftermath... My, it was tasty.

We are still not quite sure what we'll do to celebrate today (although we are all already dressed in red, white, or blue... or all three!). I want pancakes for breakfast (what is the 4th without a good pancake breakfast??). Jeremy and Raymond want to sleep the day away...I feel some sort of picnic is in order. Perhaps we'll make it Cedar's firework show tonight (if we can find out where and when it is... and if the wee one is up for it). If nothing else, I might make my little men sing some patriotic songs or something. If you are looking for fun 4th crafting to do with your kiddos... check out The Crafty Crow. She has scores of ideas for sweets, treats, and games galore. Happy 4th of July!

9 comments:

Tasha said...

I think my favorite pictures are of you and Raymond. Could he get any cuter? I want to see him soooooo badly. So badly. Ah. I am sad your plans got ruined. So sad. I am sending lots of happy 4th of July thoughts to you!! We will all be thinking about you today. I sure do love you!! And that cute boy of yours too. I cannot wait for next weekend. Counting down the days!! Happy 4th! (and I am totally going to make shish cabobs soon. Mmm those look good!)

joyous said...

Gotta love those chins!!! Cute, cute! I hope you guys enjoy your holiday, whatever you end up doing. :)

dntbaker said...

ok i am officially in love with the crafty crow website now! i have so many ideas i want to do with Ezra, thanks for the link :)
can't wait to see you, we are actually thinking we may just stay the night in ceader city.. its a long drive to put the kids thru in one day... i will email you to let you know our plans

sara said...

I love the new pics! Yeah for a relaxing 4th of July. That little RayJ sure is cute!

Kendra Goodrich said...

Looks like you had a blast of a time! I LOVE the red shoes by the way.

Jeanine said...

LOVE the Kabobs! I am glad that you guys had a good 4th! We missed ya!

Tasha said...

I just have to keep coming back to get a glimpse of your cute family!!! I sure do love you Carly Jane. :)

Emma said...

The pictures are so cute! You look so cute in your red, white and blue outfit! It is nice to have relaxing weekends.

jackster said...

That picture of you and Raymond is so cute, I love it! The kabobs look yummy! I hope you guys ended up having a good 4th. Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!