Last night I lay on my back on my bed and felt with my hand down low around my pelvis, and sure enough there was a little round ball under my cupped hand. A few seconds later the braxton hicks subsided.
I think she's a girl; although, I was pretty sure Raymond was a girl too. Only time will tell.
I feel like I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions with this pregnancy. Nervous at what other people would say about us having another so soon. Anxious that Raymond will handle becoming a big brother selflessly. Excited to already be blessed with another sweet baby to love and cuddle and call my own. Calm and sure that this is God's plan and will and desire for our family. Uneasy that there could be complications--a feeling I didn't have with Raymond. Happy that Raymond will get another playfellow. Eager to find out what the gender will be and to organize and prepare. Tired and sick--particularly when I don't eat often enough.
But the overriding emotions are happy and calm.
The first weeks and months of pregnancy are hard because it still seems so surreal and mostly all you feel is hungry and nauseous all at the same time. But at the same time it has felt very very real. We are having another baby. A tiny little newborn who doesn't sleep through the night, but rather sleeps all the day long. A little person with personality and potential. A new dimension to our family. In a blessing Jeremy recently gave me (in the middle of a particularly hard night) he reminded me that ultimately the Lord is in charge and His will will be done. And--my favorite line--that I will find happiness in it.
I love pondering upon that happiness. The happiness the Lord has in store for me... in the gift of a tiny new baby.
Due Date: December 7th, 2010.
Today: I am 13 weeks along.
20 comments:
Woohoo! That's so exciting, Carly! Congrats!
What?!? I didn't know you were pregnant? So exciting. I was actually surprised I hadn't heard another announcement from you yet. I'm so happy for your family! When are you due? Hope the sickness starts to go away soon. I'm starting to feel better every day and I'm so grateful. HUGS!
So wonderful! I think that seems to be one of life's lessons that I keep trying to learn and re-learn--despite our anxieties, we can come what may and love it. Hope you're feeling better soon...
Congratulations you guys!!! What fun to have another one to love in your family. :)
So happy for you! If anyone can do it, Carly, you can!
i was wondering..seemed like you dropped a few hints here! congrats!!!
Yeah! I can't wait for baby #2 and to find out it's a girl/boy! Pregnancy sure does bring a lot of emotions to the table. Hopefully these first few months will go by quickly and you will start to feel better! I sure do love you!
Congratulations!!! What an exciting time.
If "she" is born on her due date, then we will share a Birthday!!!! Congrats Carly!!!
I am excited for you. I didn't even know until now. I am not very good at reading blogs. When are you due?
Congrats!! You are such a wonderful mother - I hope you are feeling wonderful and enjoying this amazing time!
YAY!! congrats torgerson! i hope the pregnancy goes well and that you can start enjoying it soon. I love your little man (and i have only seen pics of him) I'm excited to see if you will have a little brood of red-heads :D good luck!
We are so excited for you guys! Yay for another cute baby to join your family :)
True happiness! You kept making comments about another little one so I am not surprised that you are pregnant. I love all of the feeling you have put into this post. I know that the Lord is in charge and I just have to rely on him. I have being doing just that since November. (When my hubby was laid off.) 18 months seems like a great space between babies. I hope you are feeling better soon. It was amazing to me how better I felt not being pregnant after this last baby. I keep reminding myself of that when I am tired, at least I can move and bend over!
Yeah! I am glad it is finally in the open on your blog too :) I am super super excited for you guys. Happiness to you cute pregnant sister!
how fun!! Congrats!
And yes I am a stalker of your blog :) I have been reading it for a while, but never commented.
check, check, and check to all those same emotions...but mostly to the "excited" one. Congratulations! I, for one, enjoy having my babies close together. Very exciting for you!
Oh, the adventures that await! Congratulations!
hahaha! We are due like the same time!!!!! How funny is that! Congratulations!!!
congrats! I know how you feel I have had so much more anxiety and apprehension with this pregnancy. Its so different the second time around. and I have been way more emotional with this one and we just found out its a girl ;) I am due oct 2nd.
Post a Comment