Friday, July 30, 2010

People are Good

(Sorry for the delayed post. We had a fabulous Family Reunion/Chad's Homecoming in California last weekend--see pictures here--and then Jeremy had a conference in Provo Tuesday through Thursday. For some reason it didn't occur to me that he would need to take the computer until late Monday night. And then, well, it was too late to get a post up. So here I am on Friday.  Hooray for Fridays!!)

I am feeling sentimental today. I feel blessed and loved and filled to capacity. People are so good. So kind and generous. Although it might sound bad, it never ceases to surprise me.

I got three packages in the mail today with bundles of little lady fabrics in reds and pinks, yellows and greens.They were sent from a friend who (I'm guessing) did some trading on etsy to have them sent to me.  I wanted to cry.  I don't deserve such generosity. I promise, I don't.

Speaking of generosity, my sister also gave me a whole box of her "cast off" (but good!) fabrics while I was home last weekend. It was way more than I was expecting. I don't know what to do with all the sewing possibilities opening up in front of me.

And just this week I won a giveaway of $50 to CNS stores. It means I'm going to get to buy a much wanted  and longed for baby sling for totting the little lady around this winter. I didn't have my hopes up that I'd get one, but now I will. Such an unexpected and delightful surprise.

We've been on a tight budget lately, but we have also been extraordinarily watched out for and taken care of in more ways than I've even touched on here. I tell you, I don't deserve such generosity.  I can't quite figure out why life is so good to me sometimes. But I am grateful.  Thank you for being such good people. So generous and thoughtful and kind. It makes me want to be better, to give more, to do more. I am certain that I do not do enough, but I want to do more. I'm determined to be better, kinder, more thoughtful. Thank you for your examples.

4 comments:

Uncle Bob said...

I know this is way to late but I have to busy to browse my nieces & nephews blogs for a while but one of my favorite things to take on road trips is a bag of chilled baby carrots or carrot sticks - sweet, crunchy and easy on the waistline.

Janssen said...

Let me say again how HAPPY I am that you won. And so glad they had something you wanted!

Tasha said...

It is much deserved. Love you dear sister. It just made my day to hear all of this yesterday. I love good people too. And I love you. You are so good. I cannot wait to see what you make and do with all this goodness.

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.