Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Come what may

Jeremy and I frequently ask ourselves what we think life will be like once the LadyBug comes along. It's a little mind-boggling, actually.

Because I honestly don't know.

Raymond, I'm not going to lie, is a pretty active little fellow. Not to mention, he was--during his first few months--what might be termed a "fussy baby." At the time, I didn't really want to believe it. I focused on the happy boy who did surface for chunks of time each day. But in between was a lot of crying and rocking and swaddling and nursing and very very little sleeping (by either of us). I hate to admit it, but those first three months were rough for me.

You would think the (very fresh) memories of that would make me nervous about doing it again... this time with an 18-month-old at my heels. An attention-loving, hand-on, busy little fellow.

But you know, call me crazy, I feel extremely calm about the whirlwind that will hit this house in just about three months.

I've decided that if somehow this little Lady is a crier like Raymond, well, I handled it once before. But I think she'll be a little bit calmer. She's not nearly the kicker Raymond was in the womb anyway. I think she's going to bring her own special peaceful presence even while turning our world upside down (or Raymond's anyway).

I feel absolutely sure that this is when Heavenly Father wanted us to have another one. Which means He is absolutely sure I can be the mother of two little ones right in a row. It's a good feeling.

As Jeremy frequently reminds me, I'm made for this.

 26 weeks, 1 day and going strong.

14 comments:

Tianna said...

I just listened to that talk today. I needed to hear it. I also needed to read your blog today. I'm always nervous about getting pregnant again because I remember what I was like with Kessa, and I'm trying to fathom being pregnant and having a newborn with a toddler running around. I guess I just need to keep telling myself that.

I'm made for this.

joyous said...

You'll survive! It's tough, but you'll survive. :) I don't remember much of those days of two little ones; just that there was a lot of crying. Eventually, they get big though so take advantage of the snuggles!!!

BWei said...

You look beautiful, Carly! Knowing that the Lord has guided and confirmed your decision will help you get through anything. She's one lucky ladybug!

Shannon said...

You can do it! I was so sure I was going to have such a hard time with 2 boys, but you know what it was really not hard. Dare I say, easy?

I had such a hard time transitioning to being a mother period when I had Weston that I was dreading that same transition when another baby came along, but I was much more prepared for the changes in my life. Knowing how quickly it all goes by made each rough stage seem easier to weather too.

You look so great! I would not be a bit surprised if this one will be your calmer child. :)

Letti said...

I agree! People always ask how I can handle 6 kids. My answer is that I didn't have them all at once. I was given them one by one. Sure with each one there were adjustments but we handled it. There are going to be hard days but there will be many more good days. Looking back I seem to forget the hard days and I only remember the fun ones. You will be great and everything will work out just the way its supposed to.

sara said...

Just like you said, you'll handle it! I'm sure every mother out there is a bit nervous when any new one comes along. Cute belly you've got there sister dear :)

Kev and Niki said...

Oh Carly you are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And you are just one of those special women that will be an amazing mom even if it is a whirlwind!!! I am excited for you guys!!! We miss you guys and hope one day you will be up our way; either at the u or at byu. I guess no matter what we will always have Blanding! Are you guys going to Blanding for Thanksgiving???

Mom C said...

I don't think I'm so old that my memory is totally shot, I just don't remember thinking it was too hard and un-do-able. Jesse and Jeanine were 17 months apart and there were moments - but Jonathan and Jason were true "helpers" by then. I was Jonathan's room mother when he was in first grade - and Jeanine would have been 1 and Jesse 2.5, and I took Jason, Jesse and Jeanine with me when I went in. You will figure it out and make it work and not stress over it.

Tasha said...

Look how stikin cute you are!!! Oh I just want to hug you. In person. Right now. Pretend I am. Seriously, you are so cute. And seriously you were made for this. You know what is funny. I always thought I was. I have decided maybe I shouldn't have thought that and then it wouldn't be so stinkin hard for me. Call me crazy, but I love the first few months of no sleep and lots of crying. It is weird, but I just like them small. And tiny. And cuddly. But, I have a feeling this one will be a little calmer too. And with the second they just learn to sit and cry. There isn't anything they can do about it. I sure do love you. You are an amazing mother. I cannot wait for her to come.

Anonymous said...

It is harder but easier all at the same time. Its harder b/c you are adding one to the mix but its also easier b/c you already know what to do. I think you are totally made to have like 10 kids. :) Good lick in your little adventure called mommyland!

Kendra Goodrich said...

You're going to be great! I think everyone has a hard baby the first time because they have NO idea what they are doing, even if they have had experience with kids. Max was way easier than I thought and all my friends have had similar experiences. Also, I bet Raymond is going to help you more than you think. Levi would always get diapers and wipes for me, a toy for max, put thing in the laundry. It was great. A million times better than I thought it was going to be. If anyone can handle it, it's you!

Katy said...

Good luck! I get a little nervous about having two wee ones at the same time too, but have had that same confirmation that this is what Heavenly Father wants for our little family which certainly helps. I hope all goes well with your new addition!!

Cansas said...

I'm not ashamed to say things were rough with Gav, but that being said, it was completely worth it:) Life is good! You'll be great! Absolutely great.

Lacey Lu said...

Congrats!!! You guys are awesome!!...Look fwd to seein' your little lady!...bet she'll be as beautiful as her Mommy!!
Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!