Thursday, September 23, 2010

The First Day of Fall.

And would you know, in true fall fashion, I woke up this morning and was cold.  I changed out of my summery pajamas into warmer ones right after eating breakfast with Raymond. (What, don't you eat at 6:30 in the morning too?).

I have all sorts of fall-focused plans for today.

Baking. Something worthwhile will turn on that oven today. Muffins? Wheat thins? Cookies?

Long sleeves. Ok, maybe three quarter length... let's remember I have an internal oven keeping me toasty.

A nature walk. While I don't think the leaves are changing around here yet... we are going to get out there are check!

Maybe some sort of artwork with leaves. Raymond has become an avid colorer. Crayons, pencils, markers... the boy is in heaven if I let him get his hands on any of the above. Today we might, just maybe, see what we can do with a some paint. Wish us luck.

Soup for supper. Taco soup? Chicken corn chowder? Creamy tomato?

Some fall poetry reading. Raymond mostly just ignores me when I pull out a poetry book and do a dramatic reading for him... but I know deep in my heart I am helping to instill a love of poetry in his little soul. And I have a book with a whole section on seasons. Hooray for leaves falling in rhymes!


I hope your day is full of fall festivities too!

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy Happy Fall. I am so excited Fall is here too. We have had a chillier week then normal (like 70's) and I am just loving it. Happiness. Love that Raymond loves to color too. So fun. I just pulled my ham hock out of the freezer and am making bean soup. Yummy yummy. Maybe some good biscuits too.

Emma said...

Hooray fo Fall. Our Fall weather hit last Sat 45 degrees but was up to 90 on Mon. Crazy but I love it. Apples, pumpkins and candy oh my.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a very well-rounded Fall day. :) I am enjoying the sunny, but cool days. I think a drive through the canyon is in order this weekend. Maybe on Sunday? Your soups all sound so delicious too. I don't know if I'm quite ready to make a big pot of soup, but soon. Happy Fall!

Janssen said...

This soup is really really good: http://sotastytoo.blogspot.com/2010/01/black-bean-soup-with-cilantro-lime-sour.html

Jamie C. said...

Don't forget to plant your tulip bulbs. That is always one of our favorite fall activites. When are you due?

sara said...

What fun fall activities. It seems when fall gets here I am ready for it! I'm thinking of doing some baking tomorrow too just for the fun of it (although I'll have to start early since it still warms up alot during the day). Horray for fall!

ps-I can't believe Raymond loves to color! That's awesome!

Whitney and Blake said...

yay for Fall time in Utah! It's so beautiful!