Ok, so I feel like I need to clarify here. I actually really like Halloween! I think (tragically) I've sullied my holiday-loving name forever with that last post.
I hope I didn't inadvertently give the impression that I'm anti-Halloween. Because goodness, no! While I do think we crazy Americans go to some funny extremes for our holidays, we have fun while we're at it!
To show that I do, in sincerity, have no ill will towards this pumpkin day, Raymond and I did some pumpkin painting this morning. I've been wanting to do finger painting with him for weeks, and decided today was the day.
I taped wax paper to the kitchen table. Drew pumpkins and leaves all over it. And made some orange, red, and green finger paint (aka mixed flour and water and food coloring to the desired consistency and hue)
Raymond didn't know what was happening, but he was excited!
It definitely took a few minutes of practice for him to get the hang of getting his hands dirty. But once he started, he didn't want to stop!! Oh the fun we had!
8 comments:
I hope you got some of that on film for Jeremy to see! What a BLAST!!
oh how fun! He looks like a happy camper. I should do this with my kids.
How fun! I need to do this with Maggie. I think she would love it. That's the perfect kind of finger paint too because you know it will all come off!!
Very fun and smart to do just a couple colors. I also love that you drew the pictures on the wax paper. I remember doing this for my girls when they were little too. It ended up being 30 minutes of prep and 30 minutes (or more) of clean-up for about 15 minutes of fun. Whatever, at least the pictures were cute!
I've never thought to draw the pictures for them to paint in before! Good idea! I don't know of a single kid who doesn't love finger painting! What a fun morning!
Look at those amazing pumpkin drawings!! seriously. I want you to draw me some pumpkins to put into our windows. Those are fantastic!! I happen to love the difference between your side and his side. Love it. He looks so stinkin happy too. After talking to you today I decided we are going to try this sometime this week too. Brayden and Chase would be in heaven. :) You are one fun Mom. Love it.
I love this idea... we will be having some finger painting fun on our end in the name of Carly.
how fun!! He looks like he is having a fabulous time!
Post a Comment