Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Half Birthday

to Ginny Bug!


I can hardly believe this beautiful girl is already six months old (as of Monday!).  There are so many things I love about her growing self.

(As a side note, I just love this age. The newborn stage is a tender time, but I love me a baby that is rolling and moving and smiling. Every day feels like a milestone, and I love it.)

First off, if you can't tell from the fuzzy, poor-quality picture above, Ginny is a by-and-large very happy girl. She has the most beautiful smile. She lights up with a little attention from just about anyone. But probably attention from Dad is the happiest.

Gosh and golly, she loves to watch her dad. Most preferable is for Mom to hold her so she can follow his every move around the room, eager for each glance or smile he gives her.

Next to Dad, Raymond is the next light in her life. A week or so ago the two of them discovered each other. They sat across from each other laughing, making faces, and all-together amused with the other's company. I about burst with the happiness of it.

Miss Virginia is also very happy when she is outside soaking up some sun, and when she is eating. Wowsa, food is fun. She laps up with eagerness just about anything that comes at her on a spoon. And she has the rolls and dimples to prove it.

Seriously this girl is a little (er, not so little) butterball. Hello, I hope her soft squishiness will stay forever. I can't kiss and squeeze her cheeks, dimpled elbows, and chubby legs enough. I am constantly astounded that we are moving up to yet another size.

As far as latest (or current) milestones, she rolls every which way, scoots to reach toys (already!), almost sits on her own, eats (rice cereal, bananas, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, applesauce, and little puffs), and occasionally sleeps for six hours at a stretch during the night (but is in her bed for at least twelve hours a night with a couple feedings in there). And I'm guessing she's pretty close to cutting a tooth or two (judging from the amount of drool, gumming, and fussiness that sometimes surfaces.)

Oh, and she's blonde. My dark-haired baby lost just about every last brunette lock she as born with (see) and is slowly growing a whole new head of of soft very-blonde fluff. I'm still trying to get used to it!

Happy half birthday, Baby Girl. We sure love you.

5 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

Look at that FACE!!! She is such a cutie. Man Miss CJ you're making me baby hungry!

joyous said...

Oh! The squishiness of it all. :) So cute and fun. I agree, this is a fun stage when they are so much more aware of what's around them and just soaking it all up! I love all her little pinchy parts too and how fun that she's discovering her blonde self! Thanks for the pic!!!

Tasha said...

It cannot be!?! 6 months? Are you sure. I do not want to believe it. I adore that picture of her. Look at the cute smile. She reminds me of Raymond in that picture. First time too. I love her cute outfit as well. Oh, I hate that I miss all of these fun milestones. Living apart is not fun. This was NOT in my plans when I was a little girl planning my (our) future. Just so you know. (Wink and a smile). Sure do love you. I hope we get to talk this week. She really is a cutie Carly. I love seeing (hearing about) you as a Mother.

Whitney and Blake said...

She is adorable!!! We miss you guys!

Señorita said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! I love smiley babies; too cute!!

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/