So tomorrow I am going to get my wisdom teeth out. Yes, you read that right. It didn't happen in high school or before I served a mission. I'm 28 years old and just now getting my wisdom teeth out.
I only have two, you see (up top). And every time I've had teeth x-rays in the last fifteen years I was told they were going no where. So not to worry about it.
Well, about two months ago I started to worry when I could feel one of them coming in. Yep, that's always a fun discovery. And that pretty much was the deciding factor against going to California this summer. Sad but true.
Anyhow, tomorrow is the big day. And I am a wee bit nervous. I just wish the dentist (yep, dentist, not oral surgeon... ah the joys of not having dental insurance...) could put me out for it. But maybe I'll give laughing gas a whirl for the first time instead. (Which, honestly, also makes me feel nervous... and very vulnerable.)
I keep hoping that I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't get a totally swollen face. That my life is back to normal in 24 hours or so. And that Raymond and Ginny decide to take record breaking naps for the remainder of the week.
But there is already some ice cream in the freezer just in case that doesn't happen. Wish me luck.
7 comments:
Oh I am definitely sending your kids good nap vibes! I got my wisdom teeth out just two years ago and I was kicking myself for not doing it when I lived at home and had my mommy to take care of me. I bounced back pretty quickly (give yourself about 48 hours though), but still not too fun. If you have someone who can come and stay with you for the first day or two to help with the kids I would recommend asking them! Good luck!
You'll be fine! And just so you know not everyone has swollen mouths. Mine were SUPER easy and I probably didn't even need to be put out. I only took one pain killer and my face didn't swell at all. Good luck I'll be thinking of you.
Oh I am sad that it happens to be the day that Mom and Dad are leaving for Vegas! Dang! Hopefully it will be very smooth!!
Good luck! I will pray for you. You will love the ice cream after surgery.
Yes, there is definitely hope since you only have two. (I only had three.) I'll be thinking good thoughts your way!!
It just sounds horrible to me!! And the picture you sent me made me sad for you. I am glad Jeremy was around to help with the kids. I hope by now you are feeling a little better then last time we were texting with each other! I am glad you got them done before heading into Law School.
What?! How did I not know about this? I want to see the pictures you sent Tasha. And here about this in more details. I hope you are ok now that it's 5 days later.
Post a Comment