Thursday, July 7, 2011

The weekend

I think I'm still recovering from what was The 4th 2011. The crowds started coming the Wednesday before and the last car-load headed out the Tuesday after. At the peak there were 23 people in this house. It was a party.

I may or may not have finally finished washing all the towels.

Here is an (incomplete) list of some of the goings-on
  • Jeanine made (almost all of) a new skirt
  • Lindsey sewed eight (darling) patriotic bags for the kiddos
  • seven adults hiked/swam the Black Hole (while three (sometimes four) adults watched eight kids under six)
  • Ginny cut two teeth and learned to crawl (!!)
  • unfathomable amounts of food was consumed... at least 8 bags of chips, 30 enchiladas, 3 packages of brats, 2 huge cases of strawberries (made into three delicious pies), a couple of dutch ovens of chicken wings, a few dozen cake pops... the list goes on
  • Grandpa spent a solid two hours giving rides on his four wheeler
  • Lindsey took family pictures for us and Jason and Cansas
  • We actually went to the parade early and were able to sit and see it (rather than stand at the back)!
  • Mark and Debbie reported on their trip to Jerusalem with a full table to Jerusalem food (hello homemade pita bread, let's be life-long friends) and a slide show
  • Endless entertainment on laptops, ipads, and the DVD player for children of all ages
  • Countless drink runs
  • And occasional sleeping
Like I said, it was a party. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed not having to drive anywhere or live out of a suitcase for this family gathering. It was incentive for us to buy a big ole house someday so people will come to us again. Alas. Someday.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Yes, please by a big ole house for gatherings. I think it is a great plan. Or come live by me. But, you can't do that then definitely a big house I can come spend a week at every single summer! And other trips too!!

Tasha said...

Oh....and I loved hearing all the fun you were up to for the 4th of July week! It sounded like you all had a great time.

Cansas said...

P A R T Y! It was a good time. I look forward to seeing you guys more often when you move to Salt Lake. YEAH!