I'm really loving Pinterest these days. I love having a visual catalog of all the things I want to do/try/remember. Most visited for me are my food-related boards lately. I'm taking my role as "nurisher" seriously these days. That's three meals a day, seven days a week.
Except when Jeremy comes home and dinner is only half made and I look at him with pleading eyes and say, "do you want to experiment and come up with a sauce to go with my homemade gnocchis?" Because I can only do so much.
But I am venturing into the realm of homemade-only breads around here. Since we moved to SLC I've only bought bread once, and that was because we had been here less than 24 hours and I didn't know what box my wheat grinder was in. This artisan bread? It's divine.
Some days my kids take naps and some days they cry in there simultaneously until I release them from their cages. Usually we have a few good days in a row, and I pat myself on the back for mastering two-in-one-very-small-room-during-nap-time. And then the next day is a total flop.
Today is the flop. Raymond keeps calling out, "Mama? Whatcha doin?" and Ginny is wailing. Such is life. I will release them soon, have no fear.
This week is projected to be in the upper 90s every (stinkin) day. Next week it's only lower 90s. I can't wait. (Note: no air conditioning. Only a dying fan and a no good fan. It has it's rough moments.)
Tomorrow. AH TOMORROW! It's only a day away. I get to see my mom, Paige, and Chad tomorrow. It's been roughly four months since I saw anyone from my family and I'm going through serious withdrawals. I almost want to cry just thinking about it. But I won't because TOMORROW I get to spend the day with them in Provo. And then after tomorrow Paige (and Chad!) will become a Utah resident. And I rejoice that for the first time in TEN years we will live near each other. I seriously CANNOT WAIT.
(I don't know how I would have handled life if we had ended up at Ohio State. The last four months have seriously made me reconsider my former lack of desire to ever move back to California. I miss my gente.)
Speaking of gente, I have also begun to seriously reconsidered my former refusal to join facebook. I've been scanning mission pictures this week and I miss my mission gente. I have a sneaking suspicion that if I joined facebook I would be able to find some of my favorite Honduran folk. Sigh. What to do, what to do.)
The wailing must end. If only it wasn't 97 degrees outside we would go to the park to make up for our napless day. Alas. Well, either way, I'm off to kiss those tears away!
9 comments:
I understand your reluctance to facebook. I feel the same way. I have a similar dilema with Pinterest...I's afraid I would spend too much time looking at it! Do you find it a distraction or time zapper? I feel that I constantly need to streamline and simplify my life, and I guess I'm a little nervous to add one more thing.
I feel your pain in this heat! We also don't have A/C. It's rough when it gets this hot. I am trying really hard to not complain about it because I know that in a month it will be cold and I will be mourning the loss of summer.
Anyway, sounds like you are getting settled and figuring out the living situation. I hope you get more good napping days than bad. For everyone's sake. Have fun with your family this week!!!
ok here is my my experience with FB and the gente de Honduras. I currently don't have tons of friends on FB that i taught or families from the mission, i think i have only 4 or 5. I am friends with a lot of companions. I have actually wanted to get rid of my FB but what keeps me on it is honestly mi gente. I am afraid that if I get rid of FB i will not have any contact with those people again and that makes me sad. So I don't know if that helps you with your decision. and i love pinterest and have loved all the recipes you have posted, they have given me some great ideas!
I folded to FB. I just never knew what was going on in life - I have enjoyed the closer contact with some people that I haven't had in the past - so, its like anything else. Anything we do in excess is not good. Just keep it reigned in!
Only homemade bread? You are AMAZING!! That sounds so wonderful. Blake and I are going to come up the weekend of September 17 and we want to see you! I'll also have a baby shower up there around that same time :)
Have you tried seperating the kids for nap time. Put one in your room? Just my suggestion. Way to go on the homemade bread front. I want to start making our bread. I even got a Bosch last Christmas. Hang in there with the weather. I would love to see pics of your apartment.
I separate my kids for naps, too. The 2 year old goes in the pack n play in my room for nap/quiet time and the baby goes in her room. That way, when the 2 year old doesn't sleep, which is most days, she can just read books and play til I get her up. That pack n play has helped at night to get the baby off the random night snacking routine. I'm with you on the small housing and young kids.
You are so fabulous Carly Jane. So fabulous. I want to try that bread recipe you are loving so much. I am not sure it will happen while we are living in 110 degree weather. Sigh. Not a big fan of the hot hot heat either. I just like a little heat you know? Love you. Keep loving those kids. I hope you had fun with M&D today!! I am happy you are closer to family once again too. I am feeling family withdrawls and I live by family. Go figure. We get to see Blake and Whitney this weekend. I am excited :) Love you!
I want to try that Artisan Bread too! It sounds delicious. And go you for making gnocchis too! Also, you totally should cave to facebook! It would be great to see you on there:)Love you! I'm glad you enjoyed your family time this last week. I did too!! --Sara
Post a Comment