Ok, ok, it happened a month and a half ago. But it was still pretty exciting . She got two parties--one the Sunday before with Dad, and one a few days after in California with all her Aunts and Uncles and cousins. (Being the lame mom I am, I almost forgot to celebrate with her on her actual birthday (they day we drove to CA) since it wasn't one of the party days. Good thing she's too young to remember!)
It feels like a lot has happened in this sweet little lady's life since her birthday in November:
- She now walks exclusively
- She is a serious talker. She attempts and succeeds at new words every. single. day. My favorites are Thanks ("tnx"), please (pees), belly (be ye) and amen. (ame). She has started saying "no"... which isn't my favorite, but usually she says without relation to anything and it's adorable. I'm not ready for her to use it in context. She is trying with her whole soul to get her mouth around "eat" and "more" without much vocal success... but I know what my little eater usually wants, so it's ok :)
- She has independently become a book worm. She brings me book after book and climbs in my lap to read them. She definitively didn't used to do this.
- She gives hugs and kisses on demand. It's absolutely adorable.
Happy Birthday baby girl! We love you!
(Pictures from the party in CA. Taken by Aunt Tasha)
4 comments:
I can't believe she's that old!
Man I love her so much!! Too cute!
-P
Such a doll! I can't believe she's one!
I love that we got to celebrate with her! She is such a cutie. I cannot wait until I get to see her again.
Post a Comment