Tonight we re-enacted Samuel the Lamenite for FHE. Raymond was Samuel. He loved jumping off the wall. Ginny loved hoarding the beanbag (aka stones) and making piles.
I even got myself in gear and made a "treat" (lemon bars). It's maybe the third time in our whole married life I've made a treat for "family evening" (as Raymond calls it). It was a proud moment for the mama.
Between yesterday and today Ginny learned to say: Woody (we have a little Woody doll from Toy Story), Raymond (May-mon), spider ("pider") and probably about ten other words I can't think of right now. I swear she already says some complete sentences ("where da dog do?" --Where (did) the dog go?). And she says things contextually correct 99% of the time. My favorite is "tan too" (Thank you) whenever she is given anything. She doesn't even need me to prompt her, she just says it).
Yesterday I said the prayer in Relief Society, and Ginny, right on cue, said "amen" at the end. The whole room smiled and cooed at her. She also (not as cute) screamed for "melk", applesauce, and "nanas" during the closing song and prayer in sacrament meeting. I need to bring more snacks to church, apparently. We are counting down until nursery (it will be an unbelievably long two and half months of waiting).
With Raymond we have entered--with trepidation--into the realm of "games" on the "puter." He could hang out on sesemestreet.org as many hours of the day as I will let him. I just want to know: what did I do to deserve a child completely smitten with the wide world of media? It seems quite unjust.
Excluding today (which we pretended was a normal Monday, not a holiday) we had an entire glorious weekend with Dad (aka Jeremy). No homework, no library runs, no law-school discussion even. I'm not going to lie, it was nice. Thank you Mr. President for creating a holiday weekend that allowed such a thing to be possible. We took drives, had date-night, enjoyed Dad's cooking, and watched movies just because. It was fun, laid back, and oh so needed.
And all-in-all, by-and-large we are happy and doing well. I still wish it were swimming weather here. But am coming to terms with snow instead. There are toys strewn everywhere always. But I've managed to read two books (and started another!) in the last week. And read a board books in between. So all is well.
7 comments:
Oooh, what books?
Sounds like life is wonderful. :) It's nice to have competely contented moments between all the busyness of life.
I can't wait to see you guys again! I'll get Ginny to say my name!! They are so cute :)
-p
I'm glad to hear you had a nice weekend too. When it works out like that, it just feels perfect!
Sounds like Ginny is a mini you...already talking in sentences. I LOVE it!! She is such a cutie. I cannot wait for some time with all of you. I loved hearing about your cute FHE. What a great idea. Love you.
Oh...and I want to know what books too!
how did i miss this post?! Congrats! Yay for you and your family. and by the way now I totally want orange chicken too!
Post a Comment