
"I'm going to dance and sing," she said. "There's no one here to see me--the seagulls won't carry tales of the matter. I may be as crazy as I like."
She caught up here skirt and pirouetted along the hard strip of sand just out of reach of the waves that almost lapped her feet with their spent foam. Whirling round and round, laughing like a child, she reached the little headland that ran out to the east of the cove. . . "
Anne's House of Dreams
Well, I am not on the beach, but I have been dancing and singing! We have had some snow in Blanding and I just can't keep all my energy inside! The few days I have been going on nighttime "snow walks" in the fresh fallen powder and then turning music up and having dance parties in my apartment. I am sure my neighbors living behind me think I am crazy because you can see through the curtains in my front room... but I just can't help myself. I have a long wooden floor that is perfect for modern dance improv: twirling and leaping and sliding.
ps. We just barely missed a snow-day today. Everyone pray for snow in Blanding! It is a life-long goal of mine to experience such a thrilling and unexpected holiday. Just think, a whole day stuck inside to bake and read and sew and dance...
6 comments:
your so lucky you CAN go on "snow walks" they sound so nice!! Ha ha ha its also nice to know I am not the only one who has dance parties in my apartment ;) Good luck with your snow day! I'll be hoping for you!!
Oh I hope, hope, HOPE you got your snow day!!! Please say you did! It would be such a thrill to experience such a fun holiday and to get to do all those fun things at home with no guilt at all! (Plus it would make the week go much more quickly I would think.)
I LOVE that you do dance parties. Love it! I can remember oh too many of them . . .just let those neighbors think you are crazy. At least you are a fun crazy, right?! I love you my dear. Snow holiday or not I hope it has been a goood day.
I saw that Blanding got 4" of snow on the news and thought of you. Bummer that it wasnt quite enough for a snow day, but at least you have snow evenings! :)
snow walks at night and dancing by yourself!....you really ARE Anne!
Can I just say how much I LOVE you!? You are so cute! I wish I were there to take some snow walks with you, that would be so fun!
snow days are amazing. we've only experienced two out here in oregon. the first i was on the local news throwing a snowball at my sister in laws face and the second we went sledding in the nearby park all day! lets hope we both get a snow day very soon!
Post a Comment