
Well, I have officially had my first snow day (ever). Let's be honest, it is always a challenge to use such a day productively. I have been somewhat in a funk lately, so decided that I would only feel worse about life if I just sat around all day. It was a struggle... but I did my best to get a lot done. In order to humor myself (and ignore what I didn't do) I decided to make a list of all my accomplishments (even the little and not-so-good-for-the-thighs accomplishments). Here is what I did today (not listed in order):
Reading:
- Exodus 13-15, Jacob 2
- Huck Finn (a few chapters--what we're reading in Am Lit right now)
- The Dark Hills Divide (so fun, even the second time!)
- Letter from Birmingham Jail with study guide
- Alicia Langstraat's blog
- whole wheat toast and an orange for breakfast
- leftover meatless mexican lasagna for brunch
- kettle corn for late lunch
- 1/2 cup stuffing (and caramels) for dinner
- a few peppermints
- lots of water

- made the bed (hey, every bit counts, doesn't it?)
- swept and mopped: the kitchen, the bathroom, the living/dining room
- tried to knock down (with mop) the incredibly large amount of snow hanging off my roof
- emptied the trash (yuck)
- washed, dried, and put away the dishes

- made faces at/with the fish
- took pictures of myself in the mirror (don't you do this too??)
- took a night walk in the snow (or ice--as our packed roads have become!)
- danced (music courtesy pandora.com)
- talked: to Tasha, Sara, and Mom
- blogged
- read (doesn't it fit here too??)
- wrapped (and ate...) caramels for Valentine gifts

- All of 2nd period
- All of 3rd period
- all of 5th period
- Not all of 4th period
- None of 7th period
- Not enough

- paid the bills (and walked to post office--bought stamps)
- walked to school (on a snow day!) for some of afore said grading
- walked to my mailbox (buried in two feet of snow)
- researched ski prices for an upcoming YSA ski trip
- Said little prayers for Grandma and Grandpa
- finish some lesson plans for tomorrow (this means I have to read more Huck Finn)
- watch a movie?? (Jean de Florette borrowed from Mr. Nielson, French teacher)
- read some more (I would prefer to read The Dark Hills Divide and not Huck Finn... what does this say about my asking my students to read it??)
- finish 4th period grading (maybe...)
- clean off my bed




13 comments:
You are too funny for words!!! What are we going to do with you! I sure do love you. Thanks for keeping me updated with your life. I loved the funny ones the best. You really are great!
Does anyone else think this girl is a riot???? Seriously. Did you read it all . . . pretty funny. I am talking to her now and she said she left things out a little too. Love this girl!
Haha! Totally love the pictures--I would retaliate with some of my own mirror pics, but my camera broke:( But seriously love those pictures!
What a wonderful day! I'm so impressed that you did all of that. On my days off (which is everyday because I can't find a job) I usually waste it and get one or two things done. You're my hero!!! Also, you made caramels? I remember Sarah making the yummiest caramels! Can I have the recipe? my email is hollydoli7@yahoo.com
I just had this blog up to see if anyone had left you comments. I walked away for a moment and Tanner came over to the computer and said "MOM!!! Look, Carly is making a funny face!!" and then laughed and laughed. Way to entertain Tanner!
Oh boy, I wish my days off were that productive! LOVE the faces and LOVE all the books by the side of your bed and LOVE the snow hanging over your roof. I think you've inspired me to take some pictures of our new place and post them. Love you lots.
Wow! you put me to shame! I will have to work better on getting more accomplished everyday! The pictures are toooooo cute!
What a great snow day! I love it when I know I have a whole day and I get everything I wanted to get done done and I even get to read or do something just for fun.
your fish face is awesome! i'm jealous of your snow day.
Carly! I love your writing, reading and all the things you do. This blog is fantastic.
love, sarah gordon papworth
i wouldve loved having you as a teacher in HS- your students are so lucky!
Carly, you are so funny! Thanks for the feedback! You nailed your fish impression and I totally take pictures of myself in the mirror all the time! Thoes are the best ones! minus the ones with people you love in them. Love ya! Mary Powell
Post a Comment