Most of you know that Blake, my "little" brother, pitches for BYU. I loved sitting above the home team dug out and picking his head out of the line of players. I loved getting to see him pitch; although, I am not going to lie, it was really stressful. I loved dancing to Kacey Ko's music every time he came to the plate (yo yo yo yo yo!) and jumping to my feet when Thomas Bills hit a beautiful line drive down the third baseline, ensuring the victory after extra innings. I loved going down to the clubhouse after the game to congratulate the players and going out to eat afterward. Yes, congratulate. Because we won every single game this week. I loved sitting by Whitney (Blake's girlfriend) and my mom (religiously keeping score) or Chad (looking a little tired after just waking up). I even loved the sun (not the burn) during those two afternoon games. I loved the enthusiasm of the fans (except Mr. obnoxious super fan), the chilly air of a night game (and being bundled up in a down blanket). I loved the stress of a tight situation, and the relief of a save. I really do love baseball. Probably I love it most of all because it is such a family sport. Ok, my family's sport. It is something that we all love together. I loved being there with my family and cheering for my brother's team.
Blake warming up Friday night. (note: I am a big fan of the hiked pants)

Mom, waiting for Blake in the clubhouse after a sunny Saturday afternoon game.

There's our boy. We loved it when we could see his number! (Wednesday afternoon game.)

Chad and I getting incredibly sunburned (today--4 days later) the swelling has finally gone down.

Whitney, me, Mom (note the score card in her hand), and Chad at the Friday night game. It was cold!

Blake and I in the clubhouse after the Saturday afternoon game. What a good lookin' brother!
9 comments:
YEAH FOR BYU BASEBALL!! Paige and I are writing this together. We both love your stinking guts! Okay, I am seriously jealous now though. The picture of all of you at the game in your warm cozy jackets made me want to be there SOOOOOO bad!! And you got to go to 5 games . . . and they won all of them . . .and you got to be in the BYU Stadium. you are one lucky lucky girl!! The picture of you and Blake though . . . you are looking quite sunburned. I hear Mom says she thinks some of it is even a second degree burn. Yikes!!
Paige wants to know if you found a dress? Did ya? Oh, I can't wait to talk and find out more details. It just all seemed so fun. Yeah, for a great spring break. Hopefully it was a nice relaxing trip for you too. Revive you to start up into teaching again. We both love you!
PS You got to go in the clubhouse?????????
I know. I don't remember ever going in the club house his freshman year. But this year we would all go and wait in the hallway for the players to come out (not that they would come and greet all of us--just each individual player would come find his family or whatever). It was the best because we would be freezing cold (or burning hot) and would get into the warmth/cool of the clubhouse and wait there. Pretty great, I'm not going to lie.
Super fun!! But I have to ask....where was the sunscreen?!?! Congrats to Blake and the rest of the Cougars on a great week of baseball. :)
We just didn't think about sunscreen the first game until it was too late. Don't worry. The second day game I was smothered with it, wore a hat, and wouldn't take off my jacket to save my soul. I was taking no chances. My goal this year is to glory is my whiteness.
What an awesome fun baseball weekend! Go Cougs for winning all 5 games! Glad you had a blast; sorry about the sunburn. :( Your mom is so cute keeping score every game. Love it!
Hi Carly! I've been blurking on your blog. I love your book lists and we have a lot of good books in common. Thanks for letting me blurk! Kim Glover
My gosh your brother is huge! I love your posts!
That was so fun to read...it took me back to my days there. How fun it must be to watch your brother. I'm so glad they played so well. TO win all their games, that's huge! I must say, I'm a fan of the hiked pants too, I'm glad your brother sports them that way...it really is the only way to wear baseball pants. Thanks for posting about him and the games, I'll look for more updates from you about the season. Wish him lots of luck!
Post a Comment