Monday, April 14, 2008

I don't think words can describe

how much I loath, detest, and procrastinate taking out the garbage. But maybe these pictures can...



Seriously, I will wait until it cannot possibly go another moment. Usually when I finally empty the trash, I have to fill up a whole other bag because it is stacked so high. I will do anything to not have to take out the trash (usually involving stomping and swashing whatever is already precariously perched atop the towering load). Am I alone in this? Or does anyone else hate this household chore??

11 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am so with you on this one! I also hate unloading the dishwasher! our dishwasher is always full because by the time Rob empties it (notice I didnt include me in there) we have enough dishes to fill it again! it is never ending.

Tasha said...

I use to not like this chore. Now my big trash I can reach from right by my laundry area and it is easy and SOOOOOO great that it is no longer such a chore. But, still my trash often piles up. Well, i guess everything else in the house never gets emptied until it must, just the kitchen trash I don't mind so much. You totally cracked me up with these pictures. That sure is a lot of trash!!!

Tasha said...

PS and I am TOTALLY with Stephanie on the emptying the dishwasher!! (or dishes in general)

Carly said...

It is, however, all the trash from my whole house--including a tall trash I keep by the washer and dryer and only empty once a month--if that, my bedroom trash, my bathroom trash... I tell you what! I just piles and piles!

sara said...

You need bigger trash cans! I LOVE having a big one in the kitchen. I don't like taking out the trash either OR emptying the dishwasher. Don't feel bad. One day you'll have someone help you!

Jamie C. said...

I just piled on top of my already overflowing trash more trash from my bedroom. I too hate taking the trash out...I make my husband do it unless it tips over in the kitchen...then I guess I'll do it! Why is it such a big deal to walk 15 feet outside and throw it away? I don't get it, but I loathe it too!

Emma said...

I think I kind of like taking the trash out and getting rid of the clutter. I am motivated by the stench of poopie diapers. I would rather get rid of the trash than have the smell in my kitchen. I think you need a big red or silver trash can to match your new stool!

I do dislike doing dishes. There is always a pile up at my house! I am still waiting for my dish fairy to arrive.

Katy said...

haha! you crack me up--never would have thought you a trash-evader--funny!

joyous said...

Jim is the trashman at our house....and it's not his favorite chore. But he's pretty good about it when I ask him. However, I'm pretty lazy on just about everything else. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarawhat said...

Totally feel ya. I refuse to empty the garbage. It sits until it's overflowing. Trash duty is Matt's job. On the rare occasion that I do take it out, it only makes it right outside of my laundry room door....not the extra 10 steps to the big garbage cans. :)