Alright, alright I'll reduce myself to more phone pictures. This weekend I was a busy girl. While Jeremy was away in Blanding helping to re-roof his parent's house, I was home sewing and packing. In addition to packing half the kitchen and half the upstairs stuff (go me!), I finally got my embroideries put together. These little guys are planned to go in a row above the crib (which just might get set up this Saturday!). I just love them even though (or perhaps because) they are so simple. It was not complicated embroidery or anything fancy-smancy, but I think they turned out cute, if I do say so myself. All that's left is a little hand quilting (I think I am going to quilt the borders with words that start with the respective letters) and the binding.



I also got three more birds done for my bird mobil. I'm still not sure just how I'm going to do this mobil (or if I will want it to detract from my ABCs above the crib...) but for now I am content to help my little flock grow and grow. Here they are perched atop my sewing machine.

And now I am off to pack my sewing room. There's not much chance of getting anything else made before the move on Saturday, so I might as well tuck my little stashes of fabric into a box to be pulled out and loved another day.
10 comments:
You're awesome. Someday I want to learn how to sew. Those birds are so cute!! Are you making the crib bedding as well?
I wish we lived closer so we could help move....you know by we I mean Jason. I can't believe our babies are going to be here in a few short weeks!
The letters are adorable. As are the birds. You are so talented. I'm glad that you had a productive weekend. Those feel so good sometimes. :) Hope all goes well with the move on Saturday!
Awesome letters and birds! I seriously wish I had some cute things to hang on the wall in Maggie's room so that we could get rid of the ugly picture hanging up above the computer. I should have been working on something while I've been home. Oh well! Your handmade artwork is adorable!!
You have a Pfaff? I am beyond jealous.
Love love love them!!! I love that there are going to be handmade things all over this little guys room too! It just makes me happy! (and modivated to do some fun things to Chase's room once we move and are getting settled)
I love the birds and letters. I really like your idea of embroidering words on the edging. You are so talented!. (Thanks for sharing your pictures!) Good luck with the move.
You are very creative & awesome!! I didn't know you were moving?? Good luck with the move. Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!
Carly you're amazing! So I'm sure its the last thing you're thinking about right now, but you should seriously look into to selling on Etsy, I'll bet you'd make a killing! Then again, maybe its not worth the effort :) I'm excited to see your nursery though, it will be adorable! Hang in there!
How are you so cute? I wish I could sew cute things...someday! I am with jackster--you should open an Etsy shop!
Your thoughts echo mine ALL too often...and I think I far too often pick your last idea, just don't do it at all. You gave some good thoughts though...thanks. :)
P.S. Hope you don't mind if I leave an extra little comment here too... I get lots of points for this competition I am in. I am trying to win this awesome scrapbook desk at The EZ desk Giveaway vote for it if you have a minute!! :)
Wow, those are so cute. I wish I could do that.
Post a Comment