Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A busy, bustling, blessing weekend

We have been lucky the last two and half years to be living along the I-15 in Utah. It means we catch all the comings and goings of family in and out of Utah. But getting a whole weekend of everyone coming specifically to us (and not just to use our bathrooms) is rare.

This was one of those weekends. I loved every minute of it.

It started out Friday night with Mark and Debbie (my in laws) stopping in before heading to Hotel Parson (my sister-in-law's where the Christiansen clan mostly congregated for the weekend). And then the whole Donovan clan showing up to spend the night. We don't have the biggest apartment... so it meant their family of five in on our living room floor. Good times had by all :). I loved getting to wake up to Donovans everywere though!

Raymond loved having playmates...


And Ginny loved having an adoring aunt to hold her and take pictures of her...



Saturday afternoon more of both families rolled into town and we had a dinner at the church in honor of Miss Ginny's blessing to come the next day.

Raymond liked the cheetos...
 Brayden liked the cookies...
 Everyone liked Miss Virginia

Sunday was a tender day for me seeing my sweet girl all in white and being reminded just how pure and special she is. Almost all of both our families were there... making such a beautiful circle of love and support for this sweet girl. My mom made her dress, and honestly it's breathtakingly beautiful. All my future little ladies will be blessed in it. I love the detail and design (the smocking was designed by my mom just for Ginny Ruth), the simplicity and elegance.






All photos taken by my sister Tasha. Can you believe I didn't take a single picture all weekend? That's because I knew that between Tasha and Stanford I would have a gold mine of pictures. So far, so good, huh?

11 comments:

Janssen said...

She is beautiful. What glorious little cheeks!

Tasha said...

It really was the best weekend. I miss everyone too. It was so nice to all be together. I loved getting to hold Miss Ginny. It was just the best. I love chatting with you and seeing you in your own family/home environment. Loved it. I sure do love you Carly Jane. Sorry all the blessing day pictures haven't posted yet. That will be tomorrow. :) There are lots more fabulous ones. Her dress really is just beyond gorgeous. Mom out did herself once again. I love that you are going to have all your daughters blessed in it.

Shannon said...

What a fantastic weekend! I LOVE Ginny's dress. It is just beautiful. Your mom is so talented! And so is Tasha for taking all those great photos. Glad you could have so much family come into town for the special event. Love you!

dntbaker said...

she is so beautiful...i'm sad that i didn't get to see her (and use your bathroom while passing ;) ) your mom is amazing! that dress is gorgeous, may be one of my favorite blessing dresses i have seen... yay for talented moms! i miss you girl!!!

Amy said...

What a beautiful dress. Your mom certainly is an amazing seamstress. Sounds like a wonderful weekend & time spent with family.

jackster said...

Oh I love these pictures! I may need to borrow them?? She looked beautiful!!

Cansas said...

What a beauatiful dress for a beautiful baby girl. I wish we could have been there!

Katy said...

Ohmygoodness Raymond is getting sooo big! And Ginny is just darling. Love those fat baby cheeks!!

Kendra Goodrich said...

Holy cow I love the dress. And Raymond is growing up so fast, he was just a little baby! You have such a talented family.

Kelly said...

Carly - I am amazed by your wonderful family. Your children look so well behaved and there is a wonderful calm in Ginny's eyes. I know she must know how wonderful her mother is.

Sending all my love to that family of yours!

Emma said...

That sounds like a wonderful weekend. Your mother is amazing, the dress is beautiful. I am so glad you were able to have family surround you during this special event.