Well. It's been a while since I've mentioned law schools applications or decisions, hasn't it? Sorry about that. It's not for a lack of excitement in that department of our lives. I tell you what, it feels like the law school plot thickens more and more every day.
Since I last made mention of law school, we have been accepted into eleven schools, seven of which have offered some form or another in the way of scholarships. Near and far, cold and hot. We've got options.
While we're still waiting to hear back from five (six?) schools, pretty much the time has arrived to think seriously about the cards on the table.
(Have I mentioned before that big life decisions are not my favorite? Not so much.)
I honestly have put off thinking about this for months. Every time Jeremy would bring it up, I pointed out that it did no good to speculate since we really didn't know what all our options were yet. For a long time we didn't have scholarship information back from most of the schools we had been accepted to. The Utah schools (among others) have been (and still are) slow to send out decisions. And pretty much I didn't want to think about any of it it more than I had to.
I wish there was a school or a place that hands down was where we wanted to go. I wish, basically, that this was a no-brainer kind of decision that everyone could be happy with.
But honestly I still feel so torn. We have narrowed it down to two or three schools. And every day, during a quiet moment, I try to envision us in each of those places. What it would be like for me to live there. Raising our kids there. What it would be like for Jeremy to go to school there. Possibly start his career there.
But every school (and the associated location of the school) has pros and cons. And I am having the hardest time deciding which pros outweigh which cons. I am having the hardest time figuring out what it is I really want. What will be best for our family. For Jeremy. For me.
It's times like these that makes me miss the mission field. Its so much easier letting your mission president decide where you will be transferred to next. Alas.
When the official decision is made, don't worry, I'll keep you posted. And hopefully at that point I will no longer have any reservations about whatever place we choose! Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Good luck with the decision. I hate making life altering decisions too. That is great he has been accepted to so many and with scholarships. Trust in the Lord and he will lead you.
PS - That is a darling picture of Ginny on the sidebar.
I think about you every day and the decisions you are having to make. I don't like decisions like these either. Whatever you guys decide we are supporting you 100%. I sure do love you Carly Jane.
If I can be of any assistance, let me know. I know plenty of law school wives with young kids who could relate their experiences if it would be informative, and I know a law student or two who could speak to that experience. :)
Bottom line--you'll make wherever you go the right decision.
Post a Comment