Monday, April 25, 2011
My name is Carly Christiansen, and I am habitually bad at taking pictures.
I just can't seem to forgive myself for not being a picture-taker. It is a source of unending guilt for me. I constantly feel bad that I am simply NO GOOD at remembering or successfully taking pictures at important events or holidays. Not even to mention the quality of the photos when I do take them.
And honestly I curl up inside at the continual realization that I simply FAIL at this. Over and over. Holiday after holiday. Ordinary day after ordinary day. I am ashamed of myself. Embarrassed. And annoyed.
Seem melodramatic? Perhaps. But really and truly true. True that my inability to successfully record the everyday events of our lives constantly nags at me.
Picture taking, my friends, is not my gift, talent, or even capability. I do not aspire to it or really want anything to do with it. Try a new recipe? Sure! Experiment with my sewing machine? You bet! Read a new book? Any day! Take pictures? I can't even find my camera.
I have no desire to get a nice camera, learn about natural lighting, or have a camera in my hands during any given exciting moment. I really would be oh so happy with a magic picture fairy would show up and do these things for me. But I don't think it's likely.
I am honestly at a loss as to how to resolve this problem in my life. My desire to have pictures conflicting with my urges to take them, that is.
Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I feel some of your pain, Carly. I have had to work really hard over the years to remember to take pictures (and I still sometimes forget), but no matter how many I take, I still have no desire to learn about how to take good pictures. ;) It just does not catch my interest like so many other things.
One thing that helps at big occasions (my kids' b-day parties, etc) is to ask someone to take pictures for you so you don't have to be in the moment and photographing the moment at the same time. I realize this isn't possible in every situation, but when it is, it's very helpful!
P.S. I also LOVE Ginny's orange flower headband with her outfit. She looks like a creamsicle!
Hhahahahah those are terrible!! Made me laugh!
Haha love you
I always wish I took more artsy pictures of my kids, but they are generally the typical badly posed kid pictures. I am still grateful I have them though. Another thing you could do is ask family members or friends to email you any pictures they have of you and your children from holidays or events. I think Ginny looks adorable in Orange too! What a sweetie. :)
Okay, I just love you (seriously....love you...) I am sorry, but I just had to laugh. But, you want to know the sad thing...I love that you still posted them. I want to see your pictures, even if they are a little blurry. (And Paige...you make you laugh.) At least i see something. I miss you and your cute kids. I want to hold Ginny. REALLY STINKIN BAD! I don't like not living by each other. (just saying. Can't we sisters all live like 10-15 minutes from each other? Even and hour? Okay, wishful thinking.) She is such a cutie. I am making her some new hairbows just for fun. Hopefully you don't mind. I just need the outlet and I figure you wouldn't mind a few more. Love that one with that so cute outfit. Keep taking pictures even if you DO NOT like doing it and they turn out blurry. I have a feeling you won't be sorry. AND it is okay that you do not like it OR are not very good at it. You are good at A LOT of other things :)
I am frustrated with this same problem. I am determined to learn more through photography blogs. Just another thing to add to my to do list. Thanks for sharing the cute pics. I knew that shirt would look so cute on Raymond, cars and red.
I feel your pain. They look like they're going to be so cute when you're taking them, and somehow... they're not?!
Post a Comment