Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Let the hearting begin

So I really love Valentine's day.

As in, I love it. It just might be my favorite holiday. So much less stressful than Christmas. So fun and RED and lovey. Low key, but choc full of fun and great traditions. And I sure love me some conversation hears. And chocolate. And anything else sweet that can be shaped into a heart...

Last year we made heart garlands and heart cut-outs, valentines of course, and heart sugar cookies (on the day of) which we walked around to all our friends and neighbors. I love sharing the love.

This year I have a whole slew of plans. Some of which include:

1. A new garland for sure. You can never have enough heart garlands. I'm still debating between some of these:

 Pinned here

 pinned here

pinned here

2. We also definitely need some hearts hanging in our windows. I like these options:
 pinned here

pinned here

3. Then of course while we are hanging hearts, I think I'll just hang some from my ceiling (since it's so low... you know, basement dwelling) above my table. I love this chandelier:
pinned here

4. And for the giving of valentines this year (we have the tradition of making and giving to each other--both in our own little family, and with my brothers and sisters), at home I want some of these darling things:
pinned here

5. And well, for the food... I think all of February should be littered with heart goodies like some of these...
pinned here 

pinned here 

pinned here 

pinned here

And really, that's just for starters. I'm a little excited about this holiday this year. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday (during which the house will not be decorated with pink and red hearts...) but you better believe the festivities begin shortly thereafter! 

Sigh. I just can't wait!

5 comments:

dntbaker said...

i love Valentines day too! Ezra's OT did the third one with him and i was suprised at how much he enjoyed it and how well he did. It was a great cutting activity for him, maybe if Raymond is old enough to cut he would enjoy making it with you too :)

Tianna said...

Somebody doesn't love Pinterest. ;) From the very first picture, I knew exactly where this was going. Hah! Love it!

Janssen said...

How fun are you? Your kids are lucky to have you for a mom.

Shannon said...

Ooh so many cute V-day things! I might have to try one of those garlands. They are so cute and festive! I often forget about Valentine's Day until right before since I'm focused on Weston's birthday until the very end of January, but this year I am determined to decorate earlier and definitely make heart sugar cookies! :)

sara said...

Haha! I love the holiday too. I wish I had more time to make all those fun things. Tasha gave me a garland a few years back and I really wanted to hang it over the weekend but didn't so we could celebrate Stanford's birthday sans hearts. But you bet I'll be getting it out this weekend as I go to decorate! You've gotten me even more in the mood for some fun Valentine's Day stuff!