Monday, October 12, 2009

To life, to life, l'chaim!


I must say that I love birthdays. They are a celebration of LIFE. The good stuff. The one year older and the getting wiser. I love getting older. Weird, I know. I have none of that poor-pity-me feeling when a birthday comes around. There is so much living to happen in the next year, and I love getting to add that year onto my age tally. Each one is such an adventure; there are so many unknowns in what is around the corner.

And not only all that good stuff of what's coming, but the day itself is such a celebration. This morning started early (5am... perhaps a bit earlier than desired, but I'll take it) and quickly brought without it presents and "happy birthdays" and cupcakes with breakfast. Mmmm. All of my gifts so far were such a surprise (all the Harry Potters! Muffin tins! Beautiful red yarn! I know what I'll be doing today). And there is so much more birthday goodness to come. Phone calls and quality Jeremy time tonight. And just that special tingle deep down all day that says: I am alive and it matters!

So please forgive me for behaving like a giddy 10 year old (have you noticed how many italics and exclamation points this post already occupies? I've had to delete at least 5 exclamation points in rereading because it really was a bit much)... but


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
photos by Stanford Richins at Not Another Picture

17 comments:

Cansas said...

Happy, happy Birthday to you! Wish we were there to sing to you. I have to say I'm not looking forward to my next birthday. In a few months I will be the big 3 0. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's definately not a feeling of excitement.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Carly! I hope you have a great day.

Emma said...

Happy Birthday! Horay for your your postive attitude. It is just what I needed to hear. You look beautiful in your pictures!

jackster said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Carly!! I admire your great attitude about getting older, I wish I could say the same was true for me. I hope you have a great day!!!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday Carly!

joyous said...

I feel the same about birthdays! Something to celebrate (in a big way) and cherish! Hope your day continues to be awesome. :)

Tasha said...

Happy Happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! (with lots of exclamation points!!) To one fabulous, wonderful, beautiful, red lovin sister! I hope your entire day is perfect and fun and fabulous. Enjoy it!! I sure do love you!

Janssen said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope it continues to be a fantastic day.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

Happy Birthday Carly! Hope you guys have something fun planned for you!

Shannon said...

Happy happy birthday to you! I love birthdays too. Sounds like you are having one fabulous celebration day of you! Plus, all the Harry Potters?!? Great gift. :) Enjoy your evening with Jeremy tonight!

Kendra Goodrich said...

Happy Birthday Carly Jane! You're wonderful and I'm glad you were born and that I met you, you lovely red haired woman!

Deb said...

Hope your having a great fun filled day!

Kira said...

Happy Birthday Carly! You deserve to have an awesome day. I like your title for the post. Fiddler on the Roof is the best...at least I'm assuming that's where you got the title. :) Happy birthday again!

Kelly said...

Carly Jane! Happy beautiful birthday. Every year on columbus day i have thought of you. I remember playing as little girls and thinking about what to get you for your birthday. I hope you get lots of kisses and hugs from that beautiful baby Raymond - and some from your hubby too!

bethanyr32 said...

Happy birthday Carly! I hope your day finished off as wonderfully as it started. You deserve it.

LindseyFae* said...

hApPy B*dAy!! Your post was so cute, it makes me laugh! It sounds like your day was a great one.

It was good to see you guys, too. I'm excited for Christmas, it will be fun to spend more than one day together!

sara said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It was fun to talk to you! You are a rock star!!!!