Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tomorrow

So tomorrow Jeremy and I are team teaching an Enrichment (ahem, Relief Society meeting) night for the singles ward we go to. We have as long as an hour. The topic is The Atonement (with liberty to take that wherever we choose).

Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit nervous, overwhelmed, and apprehensive. We've known about it for a few weeks. But that hasn't seemed to ease my uneasiness.

The thing is, it's not a Sunday School lesson or a fireside (both of which, I think, would be way less stressful). They would like it to be informal and discussion oriented. But I doubt anyone will have their scriptures. It's made it a little tricky to plan for, you know? 

In my preparations and studies, I was pulled toward the Mormon Messages that the church puts out periodically. I've watched this video in particular over and over again in the last few days. I love it. I hope, somehow, that we have something to say (in an hour!) that can be as meaningful as the few minutes of this video:



Yes, I'm planning on showing it (and perhaps a few others). If you think of it, say a little prayer for us to do ok (and to find a babysitter... which we haven't had success with yet)! Thanks.

Editors note: All went well! Why do I worry about these sorts of things so much? The video was the perfect way to start as it set the tone and opened people up for discussion. And the rest went off without a hitch.  Oh, and we found a babysitter (BIG THANKS to those who volunteered via the comments. You rock). 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very uplifting. Thank you. I'm sure you will both do fine. If you need, I can watch Raymond for you. You're in Blanding, right? I'm here until Sunday. I know we haven't met, but Jeremy knows me, even if it has been a long time since I've seen him. :) I have my little girl so they could play. (She's 9.5 months) Let me know! You can call or text me - 801.857.5182 - or just leave a message on here. :)

Carly said...

Oh Kera, that's so sweet of you! No, we don't live in Blanding, so that wouldn't work so much. But thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Haha. Oh well. I wasn't sure. You did at one point, right? I thought it would be fun - Raymond looks like a cutie! Good luck then. :)

Tasha said...

Good luck! I will be thinking about you. Yes, I think this would be harder to teach in a R.S. Activity setting then in church. I am sure the two of your will do fabulously though. I sure do love you.

Kendra Goodrich said...

You're going to do great, wish I was there. I always loved to listen to you teach!

Kira said...

I'd be happy to watch Raymond for you! Just email me with your phone number and I'll call you to find out what time and stuff. cliffjumpergal@gmail.com