is that suddenly--just when you think you can't take the heat one more day--you wake up and have to snuggle under the covers because you're just a little (dare I say it?) cold.
And even though it's still hot most of the day, you find yourself putting on your pajama pants instead of capris at night (and being glad with the decision).
And suddenly it's ok to take a walk a little later in the morning (than 7am) because there's a breeze coming in from somewhere that takes just enough of the heat off.
Mmmm fall. Autumn. My favorite season of all. I can smell and taste and feel your stealthy approach. Our front door is open and we've set a place at the table just for you. So come on in!
8 comments:
That's exactly how I am feeling right now! I am actually enjoying wearing long sleeves today. And putting on my pj pants at night. I love Fall park days too when you can play forever because the weather is perfect. I hate to see winter coming around again, but I do enjoy Autumn. Enjoy your cooler days!
It is so true. We really do not get "Fall" here...but I do love love love that the evenings are cooling down and bringing so much happiness of cooler weather.
CJ, I love how you word things, it always seems just right. I love fall too, it's my favorite!
I am loving the approach of fall so much more that I'm not DREADING winter.
Not that fall is even close in Texas yet. . .
I will only have one month of fall this year and I am determined to enjoy it. I am having mixed feelings about missing winter due to moving south. I love your last paragraph. Welcome fall!
I was just thinking that this very morning!! The sun was beating down but there was a distinct crispness to the breeze and my heart did a triple flip. Fall is my favorite season of all!
Fall is headed our way too. We can actually keep our windows open and feel a breeze. As we were leaving for Maggie's doctor's appt at 9:30am it was STILL COOL OUTSIDE. Wow. I loved it!
Oh how I love the Fall too. YEAH! My Jason on the other hand, not so much:(
Post a Comment