Monday, November 1, 2010

My little lion cub

So I decided I loved celebrating Halloween a day early (which is just what Utah does if it falls on a Sunday. Awesome).  We were just going to do a little bit of trick or treating in our neighborhood, but last minute called Jeremy's sister, Jeanine, and went with them in their neighborhood instead. It was so much fun to be in a real neighborhood with all the decked out houses and kids running up and down the street.

The only bummer was how seriously cold it was. I forget that Halloween is cold in some places since growing up in California, we were usually sweating hot in our costumes. Not this year. Jackets were a necessity.

Oh and that I forgot my camera. I know, I know, but we were in a rush getting out the door since we hadn't planned on even going until the last minute! Good thing Jeanine took one before we left. This morning I completely redressed Raymond in his costume (nose and whiskers and all) so I could take pictures of him. Only to discover (of course) that my camera (which I had to spend 15 minutes even finding) was completely out of batteries. And since our house was heated up to some 80 degrees (someone whose name shall remain anonymous likes to turn the heat WAY up each morning. Raymond and I proceed to roast until I turn it back down and open doors to cool the house down to normal temperatures), Raymond didn't want to wear his warm and fleecy lion costume while I scrounged for batteries.

And thus the bad phone pictures that follow. But I tried, right? I really did.

This one was taken by Jeanine. He always gets really shy and won't smile when we first get to a place we haven't been in a while. Thus the droopy-eyed stare at the camera. He actually wore this look most of trick-or-treating too. The whole thing was pretty overwhelming for him, I think. He occasionally would "roar" for someone or say "bye-bye," but most of the time he looked pretty bewildered. Despite it all, I think he was pretty cute!


And these are my sad attempts to get more pictures this morning. You can kind of see his little tail poking out the back. Oh and the dead camera in his hands. Yep, I'm going to work on stocking up on batteries (considering I have three clocks in need of them as well, you'd think I'd make it a priority).


Hope your Halloween was fun too!
And hooray for November to be here!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

So seriously STINKIN CUTE!!! I love how it turned out Carly. Awesome job. He is such a cutie. Love you Raymond. Give him a kiss and hug for me.

Shannon said...

What a cute lion! Great costume. I think little ones do get a little overwhelmed by trick or treating. He'll figure it out soon enough though. It was pretty cold here in UT for Halloween this year. We didn't even get to go trick or treating because it was raining the entire 3 hours we could have gone. Sad. Hopefully my boys will never remember this Halloween and next year will be better. :)

sara said...

So so cute!!! I love the make-up too! Good job on it all!!! I'm glad you had fun and that it was cold and you enjoyed going door to door. Maybe next year we'll do that with Maggie since we only did our trunk-or-treat this year.

Mom C said...

How absolutley cute! I love my little grandbabies in their costumes.

jackster said...

I'm glad you posted the pics, Raymond looks adorable as a little lion!!!! I'm amazed you got him to sit still long enough to paint his little nose - I tried with Hudson but he ended up with black gunk all over his face :)